New caravan has arrived home

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
As I mentioned before, we are completely new to this game but we finaly picked up our new baby yesterday.

Getting home from Flintshire to Anglesey was not as fraught as we had expected and we arrived same and sound outside our house. Then to try the new Truma mover to ease us onto the driveway that is only 2 feet wider than the 'van.

OK hand-set, press and nothing. H'mm, ah! got it. Connect the two black cables, good, back to handset - nothing.

Spark of inspiration, we have to turn the isolating switch on. Right, who has the key?

As it turned out, neither of us.

Panic phone call to Flintshire who thought it was in the 'van.

Search again - no key.

Called back and a very, very, very nice couple offered to bring the key over for us. An hour and a half later the key arrived and we were astonished to discover that the couple actually lived in entirely the opposite direction to us and would drive an 150 mile round trip simply to help someone out.

Now let someone tell me that good samaritans are not out there!

If that is but an example of the cameraderie of caravan folk then I am very glad indeed that we have joined.

We didn't get their names (very shy) and they wouldn't even have a cuppa but if they read this then I wish to thank them publically from the bottom of our hearts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it good to hear of people who are so generous?

Big round of applause please, and Peter do enjoy your caravanning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts