New Caravan HELP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just bought a caravan from customs and excise, its a Lunar Lexon EB 2000 model, little bit of damage but easy to sort. Couple of questions, its a single axel model can I tow it using my work transit van in the short term (1996 transit 80). Because I am buying it from a clearing house how do I go about getting the registration document for it ?. Are they a good caravan ?. I haven't towed a van before so wish me good luck because I'll need it. Thanks for any help in advance

Tony Powell

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You will need to contact CRIS the caravan registration organisation for updated documents. You will have to show them the original bill of sale and not a photocopy.

As far as towing with a Transit van you will probably experience difficulty in finding touring sites to accept your outfit - you will be mistaken for "travellers" and refused access. I would make this fact clear to the site owners straight away in order to clear up any possible scene when you turn up on site and refused entry.

As far as the Transit will be for towing I should imagine there will be no problems. Check the weight of the van on a weighbridge with a full tank of fuel and accept 85% of this figure as a guide to the ideal towing ratio of vehicle to caravan. The caravan should not be loaded so as the gross weight of caravan and contents do not exceed this 85% figure. Good luck and enjoy your future caravaning. My wife and I have for over 30 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts