New caravan

Apr 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi, after being into caravaning for less than a year with a '94 Coachman Mirage 500/5 and enjoying it I'm thinking of changing our caravan but am undecided about which one to go for. I hope some one can help. We've narrowed it down to two which are:

Swift lifestyle 530 4 berth which has some extras on it by Barrons.

Lunar Lexon CS 4 berth with end bedroom.

Both caravans are what we want but we can't decide between a fixed bed or end bathroom. I drive a Laguna 1.9 diesel so any advice on weights would be helpful.

I have been adised not to buy the Lunar as, compared to others, they don't hold their prices on the second hand market. How true is this?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We are happy with our Lunar Quasar and it is a dream to tow. If weight is an issue the lunar is probably lighter than the swift. I don't know about second hand value, we are not intending to change ours so it does not worry me. Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Pageant Series 5 Moselle (I will not buy bailey again) bad build quality. Why not stick with a Coachman best build quality of any make of caravan by far. As for fixed bed or rear washroom it comes down to need,if you prefer not to make up the bedding every night choose the fixed bed,if you have a family I would allways go for the rear bathroom. If you must choose between the Lunar and Swift, I have not noticed that Lunar lose value more than any other make. Lunar dealers do discount their vans quite heavily perhaps this is taken into consideration when it comes to resale. The kerbweight of a Laguna 1.9 dci 120 bhp Expression is 1385kg which gives you a recommended (85%) towing figure of 1177kg. A Laguna Sport Tourer 2.2dci 150bhp Expression is 1495kg which gives an (85%)figure of 1271kg.The mtplm of both vans you are considering are Lunar 1350kg and Swift 1385kg both too heavy if you are going to stick to the 85% rule.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Watch out for the quirks of the maximum allowable towloads that Renault specify. If you load your car fully, you may quickly run out of an adequate margin without exceeding the permitted gross train weight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts