New Elddis

Sep 5, 2022
Visit site
Hi I have just joined this forum and was wondering if anyone could help I have bought an Elddis chatsworth 2022 and have issues with skylight frame coming loose and ceiling covering not fixed to battons and hanging down the van should have been fitted with a black box behind the wheels that operates the anti snake and let’s you know that the van is hitched properly when a green light shows this wasn’t fitted and still isn’t I have screws dropping out of the shower door warped bathroom door that they have reordered I have contacted the dealership but they are not very helpful any suggestions thanks Jamie

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have just joined this forum and was wondering if anyone could help I have bought an Elddis chatsworth 2022 and have issues with skylight frame coming loose and ceiling covering not fixed to battons and hanging down the van should have been fitted with a black box behind the wheels that operates the anti snake and let’s you know that the van is hitched properly when a green light shows this wasn’t fitted and still isn’t I have screws dropping out of the shower door warped bathroom door that they have reordered I have contacted the Dealership but they are not very helpful any suggestions thanks Jamie
Your dealer is responsible for rectifying any faults. If you feel that this poor quality is totally unacceptable then under CRA 2015 you can reject the caravan and ask for a full refund if you are within the required timescale for rejection. 30 days after acceptance. Suggest you look at the Which website which gives very useful information on CRA 2015 and there’s even a feature that drafts you a rejection letter if you decide to follow that path.

Keep records of your conversations ((written or spoken) with your dealer.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The dealer should have notified you that the stability control ATC would be fitted at a later stage as none available at the moment. This is reason enough to reject the caravan out right as it is not as described.

If the caravan is on finance your contract is with the finance company and not the dealer and you need to notify the finance company immediately of the issues. If not on finance then contracts is with dealership. Keep as much as possible in writing to form a paper trail. Unfortunately with a telephone call you have no proof of what has been said. Dealers will normally reply by telephone as they are aware that there will be no record. Always insist on something in writing before agreeing to whatever they are proposing.

Secondly the faults. If within the first 30 days from delivery as OC correctly states you have the right to reject the caravan under CRA 2015 for a full refund, no questions asked. See sections 9, 10 and 11 regarding quality and s19 & 20 of CRA 2015 regarding your right to reject.

After the first 30 days, but within 6 months of delivery you need to give the dealer one chance at a repair before rejecting the caravan or demanding a suitable replacement. All repairs need to be done in a reasonable time frame.

The dealer will obviously try and fob you off knowing that you will go to the back of the queue for another caravan if you go down the rejection route and that you want to avoid this route, but you need to stand firmly on your ground. I am one of the people who successfully rejection a caravan from the same manufacturer that was 11 months old. We accepted an inferior caravan and every time we used it something fell apart till eventually we reached the end of our tether!

Just to add we used Which Legal Services for advice and their advice was spot on allowing us to go up against finance company. Hopefully you will find the links helpful.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I too are haveing issues with my new caravan mine is an bailey turin nothing but problems since picking it up from the dealer infact it's been back a few times since i picked it up the last time they had it 2 weeks and still came out with some issues first the wheel arch was not fitted right and was almost falling off the bathroom door was warped and needs replaceing but cant get the parts as yet from manufactures also a problem with seats they sag and wont come back to there normal shape the list goes on so will keep phoneing the dealer for them to sort out but its a 80mile round trip and cant keep traveling that far often

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too are haveing issues with my new caravan mine is an bailey turin nothing but problems since picking it up from the dealer infact it's been back a few times since i picked it up the last time they had it 2 weeks and still came out with some issues first the wheel arch was not fitted right and was almost falling off the bathroom door was warped and needs replaceing but cant get the parts as yet from manufactures also a problem with seats they sag and wont come back to there normal shape the list goes on so will keep phoneing the dealer for them to sort out but its a 80mile round trip and cant keep traveling that far often
As with Marvinmotown, look into the CRA 2015, as it can be a mighty powerful help to get your purchase sorted.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Thanks prof but i picked my caravan up the back end of april of this year would i still have a case after so 5 months ?? But i bet its been back to the dealer's 4 weeks out of that thanks again PLUG

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks prof but i picked my caravan up the back end of april of this year would i still have a case after so 5 months ?? But i bet its been back to the dealer's 4 weeks out of that thanks again PLUG
Read Buckmans post above he relates how he dealt with problems in his van after the 30 day period. But you really need to decide if you want to reject or soldier on with the defects until they get repaired.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The CRA falls into three parts:
If you reject it within 30 days of delivery you are entitled to a full refund without question;
If you return it between 30 days and 6 months you must let the supplier have one go at fixing the issue(s) but if they do not then you are again entitled to a full refund or replacement as the fault is assumed to have been present upon delivery;
After 6 months but in less than the year it becomes a little more difficult as the onus is upon you to prove that the fault was there from new, but as Buckman shows above it can be done. The most important bit as Prof says is to keep everything in writing by post, not emails, not phone calls, and all letters should be addressed to the Dealer Principal and sent recorded delivery to be signed for, then it can never be denied that it arrived.

Reactions: WayneS
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
....The most important bit as Prof says is to keep everything in writing by post, not emails, not phone calls, and all letters should be addressed to the Dealer Principal and sent recorded delivery to be signed for, then it can never be denied that it arrived.
Emails are fine as they carry a lot of information concerning point of origin, and time, which can readily be used to show the time line of a correspondence.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Remember that every time if goes back to the dealer the time frame is suspended i.e. if it went back to the dealer in the second week after delivery, the 30 day window for rejection and a full refund was suspended until the caravan was returned in a condition where both parties were satisfied. If another fault occurred a few days later the 30 day window was again suspended.

After the initial 30 days and within 6 months again the 6 month window is extended until the caravan is in a satisfactory condition. We rejected our caravan in month eleven and technically it was still within the 30 day window.

If the caravan is on finance your contract is with the finance house. If not on finance then contract is with dealership. If you paid any deposit using a credit act then you could use S75 of the CCA in addition to CRA 2015.

I thin k it would be preferable for you to start your own thread or for the mods to split this thread so we do not get mixed up between the two different parties involved.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Marvinmotown,

I have just reviewed the entire thread, and I realise we have not established some important aspects of your problem.

First please do not name or identify your dealer as forum rules tell you not to when your in dispute with seller or service provider.

I presume you purchased the caravan brand new, so it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. What have done so far to try to get your problems resolved?

Perhaps you can enlighten us in what ways you consider the dealership is not being helpful?

What are your expectations?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello Marvinmotown,

I have just reviewed the entire thread, and I realise we have not established some important aspects of your problem.

First please do not name or identify your dealer as forum rules tell you not to when your in dispute with seller or service provider.

I presume you purchased the caravan brand new, so it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. What have done so far to try to get your problems resolved?

Perhaps you can enlighten us in what ways you consider the dealership is not being helpful?

What are your expectations?
ProfI Pm'd the Op yesterday afternoon, and the OP amended his post to delete reference to the dealer early yesterday evening, I also amended my reply to him to make the same change to a quote in may reply post.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ProfI Pm'd the Op yesterday afternoon, and the OP amended his post to delete reference to the dealer early yesterday evening, I also amended my reply to him to make the same change to a quote in may reply post.
I came to the post after those amendments, so I wasn't aware it had been mentioned. I was just trying to premept a possible disclosure, obviously I was too late.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts