New England Bay CAMC.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

Im looking for some feedback on the CAMC site at New England Bay. It doesnt look as if our caravan will be repaired in time for a pre booked Cornwall run, and with that in mind we booked a later trip to Culloden. Unfortunately recent reviews on culloden Moor havent been very favourable which is putting madam off a bit. Looking arounbd, I find New England Bay has space, the site looks lovely and the reviews are excellent.

What I am looking for more than a site review is information on things to do in the area as it does look a bit remote, something we covered in a different post. There doesnt appear to be much to do or see in the area except walking, and as I am stuggling with bad knees, thats a non starter.

Any experiences at all would be helpful.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

Im looking for some feedback on the CAMC site at New England Bay. It doesnt look as if our caravan will be repaired in time for a pre booked Cornwall run, and with that in mind we booked a later trip to Culloden. Unfortunately recent reviews on culloden Moor havent been very favourable which is putting madam off a bit. Looking arounbd, I find New England Bay has space, the site looks lovely and the reviews are excellent.

What I am looking for more than a site review is information on things to do in the area as it does look a bit remote, something we covered in a different post. There doesnt appear to be much to do or see in the area except walking, and as I am stuggling with bad knees, thats a non starter.

Any experiences at all would be helpful.
It’s a lovely site but as you say a bit remote. There are nice coastal / fishing villages, the one where a fishing boat went down some years ago is worth a visit. Wigtown is nice with lots of bookshops and a good butcher. There’s a excellent botanical garden with sub tropical plants because of the Gulf Stream. But when we went we liked it for it’s general quietness. You can also drive up to the southern Clyde area where there are other attractions.

PS if NEB Isn’t suitable we like Northumberland around Seahouses area. Lots more to see and do, and still a quiet area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thingy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
PS if NEB Isn’t suitable we like Northumberland around Seahouses area. Lots more to see and do, and still a quiet area.

Im a bit limited as I can only look at sites with space left, and most are full now. Nothing in that area with CAMC coming up available for the dates I need.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is nice and as Clive says is fairly remote but you are close to Stranraer which has a Tesco and a selection of shops. There are also smaller shops in the nearby villages.
It is right down next to the sea but you need a bit of luck and good timing to get the ones at the front although the row behind is raised up above so still gets the sea views. A really good site although there is not the mass of touristy things you get around Inverness, but if you want walking and peace and quite then no problem.
As far as Culloden is concerned my wife's main complaint is she is worried about the ghosts of dead soldiers.

Reactions: Thingy
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It is nice and as Clive says is fairly remote but you are close to Stranraer which has a Tesco and a selection of shops. There are also smaller shops in the nearby villages.
It is right down next to the sea but you need a bit of luck and good timing to get the ones at the front although the row behind is raised up above so still gets the sea views. A really good site although there is not the mass of touristy things you get around Inverness, but if you want walking and peace and quite then no problem.
As far as Culloden is concerned my wife's main complaint is she is worried about the ghosts of dead soldiers.
The CC club site isn't actually on the battlefield !

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For the uninitiated, exclude current posters, look at the CLs and CSs plus some of the commercial sites in the areas mentioned. I’m on a fully serviced pitch CL not far from Harrogate, a superb private FSP near Seahouses and same at Buxton next two weeks. See https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/. They have an excellent filter facility. You can drill down to your own requirements.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DD, at Belford, The two nice pubs are, the Black Swan and The Bell, , just been looking and there is a site just behind The Bell, see what you can find about it ???

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
DD, at Belford, The two nice pubs are, the Black Swan and The Bell, , just been looking and there is a site just behind The Bell, see what you can find about it ???
Hutch,
I‘ll certainly be checking the Hostelries. This could be a future Woosiefest 👍👍👍. Just in case we are taking walking sticks, crutches and sister’s buggy depending how far my searches take us🍺🍺.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts