new forest with indoor pool

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Ian

A fantastic family friendly site is Sandy Balls in Godshill not far from Fordingbridge. All pitches are hard standing and fully serviced and the facilities there are first rate. You get automatic membership to the leisure center there which has a heated indoor pool.

Don't be put off by the price, it is worth every penny. There is a pub on site, (good food ) a take away and a bistro. Use the bistro rather than the take away, food slightly pricier but far far better. I think they have a web site, worth checking out.

Kids will love it, plenty to do for them.

Good luck

Simon.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian,

Lytton Lawn Caravan Park,Lymore Lane, Milford-on Sea is a very nice site all the facilities there except a swimming pool but if you go to there main static site at Shorefields which is about 2miles away they've got a smashingpool there which you are allowed to use free of charge plus a steam room, jacuuzi,and a sauna.Have a look at there wesite www.shorefields.com Good Luck and happy caravanning.Jim

May 13, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Simon, Sandy Balls is excellent if you want everything on site. Only negative I've heard about this site is that its extremley busy in the summer holidays. I've been once and will definately go again.

Oct 27, 2007
Visit site
I've been to sandy balls twice and yes its an excellent site but I prefer Holburne Bashley near New Milton. It has an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, games room, evening entertainment in the club house along with a kids club (Sammy the seahorse main characcter), park for kids, small crazy golf course and a 9 hole pitch and putt course. Its our favorite destination and the prices are very good (went to Red Shoot recently on a weekend when they had a beer festival and it cost more than it would have at bashley and theres none of the extras).

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
I've been to sandy balls twice and yes its an excellent site but I prefer Holburne Bashley near New Milton. It has an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, games room, evening entertainment in the club house along with a kids club (Sammy the seahorse main characcter), park for kids, small crazy golf course and a 9 hole pitch and putt course. Its our favorite destination and the prices are very good (went to Red Shoot recently on a weekend when they had a beer festival and it cost more than it would have at bashley and theres none of the extras).
Peter how can you say price is good ? Just returned from Oct break and asked how much for Aug 2008

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Have been to both Sandy Balls and Bashley quite a few times- in fact just got back from SB today.

Both are excellent sites in their own way, although the clubhouse at Bashley gets hopelessly overcrowded when busy.

Also at Bashley the wardens are literally breathing down your neck to vacate at 10.00 on going home day. SB departure time is 11.00, and if it is not peak time and you ask nicely they dont mind giving you an extra hour or so.

If you want to take bikes and cycle straight off from the site then SB is best, Bashley is a lot nearer the coast.

Mar 27, 2007
Visit site
hi Ian there are two in St Leonards on the A31 Oakdean park which has a good swimming pool indoors with sauna steam room and slides also an outdoor pool large site with manley statics but has agood size touring park about 70 pitches with direc access in to the forest where you will find plenty of cycle pathes and good walking belong to Shorefield lesiure. The other which is also off the A31 Shamba Camping touring park nicr safe indor pool large pithes cafe/bar etc and takes camping cheques.Both pars are in easy distance to bournmouth and pool and all they have to offer have a lovlely holiday ps i live in St leonards and walk the fores with our king charles spanel ever morning regards peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts