New French laws

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I ain't got the link , i googled it , but been reading about France toughening up on their motoring laws for accidents against hands free phones etc , parking restrictions , but best off all , they're on about making it illegal to have tinted windows !!

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Pretty much the same as here then! I think you'll find that the tinting that they refer to is where aftermarket film has been applied to the driver's and front passenger's door windows (and if anyone is stupid enough, to the windscreen). Before I retired from the Police in 2011, on occasions we would check such tinting using purpose made (and calibrated) devices. You'd be surprised how appalling the visibility was through some of the windows as a result of being aftermarket tinted.

As a rule, the above mentioned windows generally already have the maximum tint allowed when they leave the manufacturers. There is no legislation covering any of the other windows. If there was, it would make vans illegal.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The proposals look sensible. Hands free phones are stil very dangerous and need to be banned.
Tinted windows must reduce visibility but the reduction in the alcohol blood level for young drivers is unlikely to make any difference as it is them ignoring the current law that is the problem.

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
The French have been tightening up on the roads for the last 5+ years. Especially in the tourist traps and the Le Mans 24hr race weekend in June.
Slow and steady is now the only way to motor for cheap in France.
Matt

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Always enjoy my drives through France cannot say I've noticed anything different .mind i keep to the speed limits which seem fast enough anyway and frankly cannot see any reason to use a phone whilst still driving.nor for that matter the need for any more tint on windows than is deemed legal. I .don't see these new laws effecting me or normal motorist for that matter from still having a pleasurable drive through France....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts