New houses and caravans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Location my brother lives in Macclesfield his house is big it a 4 bedroom detached home double garage, utility. 2 En-suites Family bathroom good size garden he brought it brand new some years ago .
The builder lives there and , only four houses in the Cul-de-sac .

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Not for everyone and quite a number of 'depends' but what about building your own, not literally unless you can of course. Find a plot, find a design, get a builder etc.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
As our forum friend Beachball says: Each to their own.
If it works for you then Rock On.
Mel

Last edited by a moderator:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As our forum friend Beachball says: Each to their own.
If it works for you then Rock On.
Mel
Our forum friend Beachball would never use 'industrial language' in his forum comments, he's a polite gent who doesn't break forum rules.
Our new friend Ferdet who was the O.P. probably didn't check the forum rules, which is why his first ever forum post has been deleted.
I edited your own reply to remove the quote containing the inappropriate phrase Mel.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Are you advertising that website, do you travel far in your motor home, or just live in a converted Log cabin. With a Dunny out the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Are you advertising that website, do you travel far in your motor home, or just live in a converted Log cabin. With a Dunny out the back.
It’s an American website and the use of “ industrial “ language is inappropriate on the Forum. Reported to mods.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After having two postings removed by Parksy ref inappropriate language , and the author of said posting trying a third time to post the same, I have banned him and removed his third, and last posting on the PCV forum.

It is far from helpful for forum users to use as quotations a post which obviously is against forum rules.

Reactions: Parksy
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Jumping straight in.

We are living in our caravan full time whilst our new build house is overdue, by a few months!

As far as covenants go, our last home was a 26 years old, had a no caravan covenant but not enforced by the builders as they had sold the last house years ago.
The new house has the same as well as many many more covenants which are enforced to the letter, but the site is still being developed so the developers have an interest and also a neat way to charge more money, for example if I wanted to build a garden summerhouse I have to pay £250 to the developer for permission.

We will probably sell up but only because we want a change of layout, so we are going to bank the money, work on getting the house how we want it, then in 2023 purchase a shiny new caravan which will live in storage but brought home, developers will have gone by then, for fettling!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would be wary of a builder with a price list for developments although I doubt the summerhouse one is actionable as it is almost certainly going to be regarded as unreasonable. Some rare ones do keep an eye on the property and will ask for cash to remove the covenant although it is doubtful if they would contest any one refusing to pay as losing that loses an income stream.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Ray, we too had an issue with restrictive covenants, via a neighbour complaining about the caravan. It didnt develop as I challnged them to enforce the covenant and they climbed down as it wasnt worth their effort.

However, on new developements, I would expect they would be enforced more rigidly and certainly the developers are milking it by charging for permission.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts