New lamp post

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The council are changing all the lamp post from the orange glow to bright white in our area.
  1. Man marks new place for new lamp post (3 feet from old).
  2. Next day man digs new hole.
  3. Next day put new lamp post in.
  4. Next day man digs trench from old to new.
  5. stop for week end, (Thursday to Tuesday).
  6. Electrician wires up new lamp post.
  7. Four days getting past big hole by back gate.
  8. Next day remove old lamp post.
  9. Only need hole filled in now, waiting for man.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
    1. Man marks new place for new lamp post (3 feet from old).
    2. Next day man digs new hole.
    3. Next day put new lamp post in.
    4. Next day man digs trench from old to new.
    5. stop for week end, (Thursday to Tuesday).
    6. Electrician wires up new lamp post.
    7. Four days getting past big hole by back gate.
    8. Next day remove old lamp post.
    9. Only need hole filled in now, waiting for man.
    10. Two men arrive fill in hole 3/4 way with earth, waiting for tar mac.
    11. So far 3 weeks running in to 4, nice lamp.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Reg and Pat, it is very comforting to be able to see where you council tax is going!They could be wasting it you know.I am glad I only have a little brain otherwise I might think they dont know what they are doing.
Thursdays Child

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
They are replacing the lampposts on our street and have just done tho one opposite the front of our house. Our bedroom is on the front. Bright!! Its like floodlighting. Fortunately we have decent bedroom curtains.
mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......in my village the local council turns the street lighting off at night to save money.......
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
colin bridgend said:
In South Wales they are not making lamp posts any longer - they are long enough (groan - do you want me to go again????)

Well lookee what the cat dragged in. It's Colyn ap Brydgynd
smiley-laughing.gif

Hey LB, lamp post are for doggy's not cats.
smiley-wink.gif

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Aha I can reply get fed up of clicking compabilty

anyway I think they should turn off all lights at night we don't need them on ... I left Wales in 1994 and lights were turned off at midnight...

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Don't seem to able to reply on other so maybe this will work. I left Wales in 94 all lamps were turned off at night back then..

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Don't seem to able to reply on other so maybe this will work. I left Wales in 94 all lamps were turned off at night back then..

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Are you using a laptop and is the battery ok? Please describe the problems that you are having when submitting posts if you can.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It reminds you of the joke about 2 men (nationality omitted) one was digging holes and the other was filling them in
When asked what they were doing the reply was that their mate who put the trees in was off sick that day
smiley-embarassed.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neath Port Talbot Council were relaying the pavement along Margam Road with new tarmacadam and coming behind them were a firm of contractors to renew the lamp posts. This involved replacing the poles in a different part of the footpath thereby requireing the new tarmacadam to be dug up for the post and also to alter the underground electrical supply.

Many years ago Neath Borough Council were having Briton Ferry Road, Neath resurfaced - lo and behold not far behind the contractors were British Gas digging the road up to relay their mains.

Typical local government efficiency.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's a busy island on the A5 in the midlands where to save money, the authority put in half a dozen lamp posts and have never turned them on!

An not too far away, there is a major road that the council closed for a couple of months to re-surface, then seperately gas, water a sewers and electric have kept road works on the stretch for over two years! Its free of works at the moment but its a patch work quilt with height variations like speed humps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts