New Look Practical Caravan magazine

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

Those of you who read the magazine will hopefully notice that the magazine has undergone a substantial redesign for the June issue. As well as changing the fonts and thousands of little detail changes, the amount of data about the caravans on test has been increased, the large travel feature has been extended and we've tried to spread things out so that the editorial pages don't end three-quarters of the way through the magazine.

We are very happy with the result, but we would really like some feedback on what you like and what you think could still be improved. Let me know what you think. And don't be afraid to be nice!

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

nigel@practicalcaravan.com

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Okay so how about some reviews on older cars and caravans as not all of us can afford BMWs, Discoverys ect to tow our caravans. Also as not all of us can afford new caravans more reviews on them.

What would be nice is also proper reviews of caravan sites and not just ones voted by readers with abare minimum of info that does not tell you anything about the site and places of interest near it. Also nearest shops or pub to the site For example, a type of "mystery shopper" review.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Ian,

Thanks for your comments.

We have tried to address the used car and caravan buying issues. We have a two-page buyers guide on the Volkswagen Passat and three pages on tips for finding a good used Coachman VIP.

As for the site reviews, we are running with a full-page review of a site one of the team has stayed at and the half-page vertical reviews selected from our sister website www.caravansitefinder.co.uk. We have key info about each site (cost to stay, number of pitches, opening times) and do try to pick reviews which have the best selection of information about the park and the local area. I appreciate that there is always room for this to improve though. We now have a coupon in mag so maybe you could submit one of your own or write one on caravansitefinder...

Thanks very much for the feedback. It has been noted

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

nigel@practicalcaravan.com

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
i think the new look is fabolus and totaly suits the magazine,itself.It looks like a lot of time, hard work and efort as been put into it. Well done for thoose who did!

May 2, 2009
Visit site
A bit more advising on towing, hints and tips for young caravaners. I am writing this as i am 18 and have purchesed my first van. An 1987 Ace Diplomat. I have caravanned from been a young age. I would like a few hints and tips on towing etc.

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello all, just to say l like the layout of the new edition of the magazine, its like Emma said a lot of thought has gone into it so keep up the good work but l have one query about the new layout in the back of the magazine as what has happened to the section classed as Accessories for sale?, as l cant find it,so l hope it will be back again in the next edition?.

Gary.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel

Have just bought the latest Practical Caravan and must admit I am really impressed.

Plenty to read and very readable, like the layout as well.

What I also like is it's easy to 'dip into' when there's a spare moment to read.

Keep it up and your on a winner.

Best regards

Tomo

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

Thanks for the feedback. The 'Going Spare' section is there still, although renamed 'Accessories for sale' although I don't have the page number to hand. There is a problem with it though - page 1 has been repeated on page 2 - doh!. Next month, the section will be three pages to include those left out.

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Much better - well done folks; you've put some life back into it. I'd stopped buying late last year but picked it up this weekend and enjoyed the read again.

Can I suggest a topic for a magazine article - "Why do modern caravans still have a water leak/damp problem". I think its so wrong that

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
It would be nice if the magazine could give some realistic feedback and legal facts on issues such as, 'over 12m outfits in Spain'....

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I really like the new layout too.

Although, I did spot an error ..........oops!!!

Under the new caravans "Buyers Guide", the Adria Altea 542DT is listed as a 5 berth not a 6.

Sorry Nigel ;-)

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
I for one do not like the new layout 100%.

A) The fist section looks like a travelogue with adverts. Grrrr!

Shove the adverts at the back-or- make the travel section a pull out.

B) Expand the DIY section, not everyone can afford caravan stealers prices.

C)Instead of listing 'van layouts at the back of the new van specs section, why not list an abbreviation alongside or under each van ie:FBEW= fixed bed.end washroom.TDCK= twin dinette.centre kitchen etc.etc.

In general the new look mag is an improvement.

Regards.

Col

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
I for one do not like the new layout 100%.

A) The fist section looks like a travelogue with adverts. Grrrr!

Shove the adverts at the back-or- make the travel section a pull out.

B) Expand the DIY section, not everyone can afford caravan stealers prices.

C)Instead of listing 'van layouts at the back of the new van specs section, why not list an abbreviation alongside or under each van ie:FBEW= fixed bed.end washroom.TDCK= twin dinette.centre kitchen etc.etc.

In general the new look mag is an improvement.

Regards.

Col
PS.

Can't find an edit button!

Sorry for typo.

Col

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chrissbee,

Sorry if you didn't get a response to sending in a buyer's guide error.

I try to reply to every 'spotted error' email that lands in my in-box. But while i obviously failed on this occasion(!) I can assure you that you will have been entered into the prize-draw.

Once again, sorry for not getting back to you directly. The buyer's guide is now more accurate than it has been for many years, but if there are any other corrections please let me know and I'll get it sorted right away.

All the best,

Mark Bigault

Features editor

Practical Caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts