New Look Website is Terrible

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Surfer. Yes,it is a bit of a pain but initially when I could not gain access and this blasted page kept hitting me in the eyes I was beginning to doubt my sanity and memory recall.
It looked just like the rejection notice when trying to sign into an E'mail account.
I must have filled it in 4 or 5 times before I realised that there was a problem with the site. Then after getting the signing in/out issue and the fact that I was greeted as Guest sorted out,I realised that this was actually not a problem but a major annoyance.
All of that said,I was very pleasantly surprised to see the whole new notion of Practical Caravan Forum. The glitches and gremlins will eventually be sorted and eradicated and hopefully this forum will benefit from the totally new and enhanced look.
The membership numbers might well be further enhanced by the migration of others from some of the other forums that are out there.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I do like the new look however would like to have seen the glitches resolved before launching it on an unsuspecting public.
Another major annoyance is not being able to post photos from your PC like you can with just about every other forum.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Surfer said:
I do like the new look however would like to have seen the glitches resolved before launching it on an unsuspecting public.
Another major annoyance is not being able to post photos from your PC like you can with just about every other forum.

Hi Surfer. I have just covered this very subject of image from PC point earlier today. It actually was one of the issues that I had pointed out on a number of occasions on the Old System.
It was one of the issues that had me personally only occasionally using the forum.

Pictures are worth a thousand words and as such should be easier and quicker to bring to the attention of others.
I have dipped into one forum very recently where an option of URL or Your PC is available.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
PBARTON said:
Welcome back TravellingRooster :)

Hi Paul. Thank you. Now that this forum has received the long overdue upgrade it stands more than a fighting chance of receiving some overdue patronage.
I predict a surge of new blood unless of course it was here already and lying low.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well, it very different so will have to get used to it but easy to navigate now I'm using google, :)
It wouldn't load on my IE11. :evil: Not happy with but after having problem a few weeks ago getting on :huh:
I'm back so to relieved to care...

But there are two things I want to know :-

sproket how are you doing the emoticons and where are you getting them from????

and to the mod when I had trouble being locked out I couldn't contact anyone on Forum because I couldn't get on.. so are there email contacts should it happen again???

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Any particular one
imagens-imagens-para-criar-emoticons-d53f5c.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
smiley said:
Well, it very different so will have to get used to it but easy to navigate now I'm using google, :)
It wouldn't load on my IE11. :evil: Not happy with but after having problem a few weeks ago getting on :huh:
I'm back so to relieved to care...

But there are two things I want to know :-

sproket how are you doing the emoticons and where are you getting them from????

and to the mod when I had trouble being locked out I couldn't contact anyone on Forum because I couldn't get on.. so are there email contacts should it happen again???

Hi Smiley, apologies for the delay but there's been a lot to catch up on :blink:
There's a link to my moderator email in my forum signature which hadn't been working properly until somebody mentioned that they had been trying to contact me, but it's fixed now.
Just in case, you can contact me via: practicalcaravanmoderator@gmail.com, copy this email address for if you are stuck.
I'd advise you to be very careful when choosing 'emoticons'. ;)
Some can leave unwanted malware and adware on your computer which can be difficult to remove, so you could be bombarded with junk emails, unwanted adverts or your personal details can be hacked.
Nothing is ever 'free' on the world wide web :evil:
At least with reputable websites such as Practical Caravan you can see the adverts, you can opt out of receiving information or promotional material via tick boxes.
EDIT: If you click onto my moderator email you may receive a message saying that the url that you are visiting may be an attempt to trick you, but don't worry it's only me :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to colour my 'Woosie' signature etc. Been trying for ages - failed- remember someone (Sproket?) telling us how to do it , but can't find the post. Help please!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to colour my 'Woosie' signature etc. Been trying for ages - failed- remember someone (Sproket?) telling us how to do it , but can't find the post. Help please!

Check your e-mail for the easy way ;)

Sir Gab (WC)
2014 Swift Ace Statesman + Freelander TD4
Broughton, N. Lincs

But It was the Gaffer who posted about it here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts