New member from Warwickshire

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
Hello, just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm completely new to caravanning. We've bought a cheapie 'starter' caravan from a local dealer for a few hundred pounds. The dealer has been absolutely fantastic so far, servicing the van and fixing a few minor bits before we get to pick it up next week.

The caravan itself is a 1987 vintage, five berth. We plan to redecorate it and then use it both for weekends away as well as longer holidays throughout the year for the family.

Any hints and tips from people who have redecorated a caravan themselves would be appreciated, even better if there are any photographs of home-improved caravans to motivate me and give me some more ideas!

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll find lots of useful advice on here - we're new too and fellow posters have proved to be the font of all caravanning knowledge.

Try posting in the relevant sections for any specific help needed - someone out there is sure to have the answer.

Regards

Claire & Rob

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello there, this will be our second season to touring, we have a 1989 Adria Tourer, she's no very bonnie looking, however we have had some great weekends away.

We are lucky so far have not had to do much to her as she is in pretty good nick for an oldie! Currently re upholstering and new carpet, ready for Easter time. Have asked some daft questions to the forum and as always had never let me down.

Angela

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
Hello there, this will be our second season to touring, we have a 1989 Adria Tourer, she's no very bonnie looking, however we have had some great weekends away.

We are lucky so far have not had to do much to her as she is in pretty good nick for an oldie! Currently re upholstering and new carpet, ready for Easter time. Have asked some daft questions to the forum and as always had never let me down.

Angela
Thanks for the comments. I've already started accumulating parts to go onto the caravan: I've got a leisure battery that has been lying around for a while along with some nice meaty solar PV panels to fit to the roof. I also plan to rewire the lighting in the van to use low-wattage 12v bulbs/LEDs throughout and then have a transformer to switch down 240v power to 12v for when we're parked up and on power.

With regards to the interior, I plan to seal and repaint the interior rather than using wall-paper, fit a new carpet and do some general tidying to make the place look a little smarter. Hopefully we'll have all that finished in February so we can take the van out for a couple of weekend tests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts