New member, Kia Sorrento and Swift Conqueror

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I am a new member of the forum and new to caravanning. We have brought a swift conqueror, and kia sorrento, as were lucky enough to get an inheritance. I went camping as a child in the 1970s, and now my own kids are grown up, wanted to take up caravanning and tour, at weekends and in holidays (I am a lecturer, so can only take school holidays). We have only used it twice so far, on a week in Wales, and a weekend in Sussex, and had the most fantastic time. I can't believe how amazing modern caravans are - fixed beds, heating, TV points - they are like a luxury hotel room. The downside is this means they are very heavy, and our family estate car couldn't tow it, so we had to get the Sorrento - which we are really pleased with.

We have made so many mistakes, its been really funny - we had no idea how to put up an awning, and after trying to do it upside down, we asked our neighbours, who were brilliant and helped us to put it up. We are going by ferry to Spain this year with it, and am really excited about it, as well as planning lots of weekends away. All the people we have met are lovely, interesting, friendly and so helpful - no one seemed to mind us asking stupid questions, from the caravan sales people, to other caravanners on site. Can't wait to meet more people and travel around UK and Europe!

Lois x

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Greetings Lois and welcome to the world of caravanning and of course to the forum.

We too like to get away for weekends.This year we are taking our van to Switzerland.Can't wait.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Lois - I can feel the excitement coming off you!

What a brilliant idea to treat yourselves to something so worthwhile with your inheritance. Glad to hear you have already met with some friendly caravanners. The majority of us are only too pleased to offer help to someone new to our great hobby.

May you have many, many years of happy caravanning.

PS Which part of the country are you based?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts