Jan 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Been reading the forum for 3 months now and taken the big step and joined up.Been caravanning for 10 years now starting with a Abbey Solitaire 2 berth and in 2005 purchased a new Bailey Padeant Normandy 2 berth which we are over the moon with, and use our mondeo 1.8 which we have no problems with.

Spent 90 days in the van last year mainly rallying,but spent two weeks touring Belguim,Holland and Germany in June

COLIN

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Colin....Welcome to the forum. Your thread to introduce yourself made me wonder!

I am also fairly new to the forum but did'nt introduce myself properly when I joined...I just went straight in and got involved....Anyway it made me think that I should let others know our background....apologies in advance.

We started caravanning in the mid seventies just after we we married and continued through to 1988 when our two boys found caravanning to be a bore, thats teenagers for you!.

We missed the freedom caravanning gave us so after tha package holidays and trips to Florida, and when the boys started to do the 18/30 club holidays we started again in 1995.

Redundancy and an early retirement package from my employer was on offer in 2000 so we jumped at the opportunity and we now spend around 120 days a year caravanning. The last two years we have been to Spain for an extended 2/3 month trip. This year we go in early March until Late May.

My current outfit is a 2005 Abbey Spectrum 535 and a 2003 BMW X5 diesel tug.

Mal and (Carol)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts