Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi all I am Sarah (mc), new to the site.

We have had our van for about 18 month now and love it. We travel with our 2 children mainly in the north west.

I often travel to site with the van and the kids, my husband meets us there so if you see me setting up alone please say hello. Caravanners are nice people.

If anyone has any ideas for nice sites, around and hour or two from manchester please let me know. We would like to try new places for next year.

Cheers Sarah

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Respect to you Sarah!

We've just bought our first caravan and I can see me being like you and taking the kids away with my husband joining us later. I work in a school so I get all the school holidays off with the kids so it would be a shame not to take advantage.

Might be a bit far for you but we recently went to The Grange CC Site in Durham and it was very nice. Just off the A1 so a little bit of traffic noise but a nice kids play area and they're putting in more hardstandings for next year. Lovely facilities and convenient for visiting Durham, Gateshead (great shopping centre!) and Newcastle (husband is a toon fan!)

We'll definately go again.

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Hello Sarah,

Welcome to the world of caravanning. We also have beenn bitten by the caravanning bug from previously being campers and from North Manchester. Often we go to the CC&C site at Windermere (just about 2hrs travel) and a nice easy tow on decent roads. Also perhaps you could have a word with my wife about towing as she will not tow anywhere. Great for me when we go to Royan in France next year......not.

Anyway - happy caravanning.

Mike

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. We stay at Wild Rose in Appleby-in-Westmoreland. We live in Manchester and it takes about 1.5hr to get there - lovely site (we have sited our van there and go virtually every weekend throughout the year, but take it off to tour every now and again).

Enjoy the life hun.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear from you Sarah. Some sites we use:

Delamere Forest is a new CCC site near Northwich. Within the forest and nearby is the Go Ape course through the trees. (check prices though before you make promises!) Train from by site to Chester and lots of other interesting places nearby.

Lady Margarets Park as a CC site at Chirk, near Wrexham. Good playground, lots to see including horse drawn barge and steam railway in llangollen. Good walks from site and an abundance of birds to watch.

Both have good and friendly wardens.

Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Good to hear from you Sarah. Some sites we use:

Delamere Forest is a new CCC site near Northwich. Within the forest and nearby is the Go Ape course through the trees. (check prices though before you make promises!) Train from by site to Chester and lots of other interesting places nearby.

Lady Margarets Park as a CC site at Chirk, near Wrexham. Good playground, lots to see including horse drawn barge and steam railway in llangollen. Good walks from site and an abundance of birds to watch.

Both have good and friendly wardens.
thanks for that, these both sound like sites we could use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts