Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.Newmembers in sw wales we have a twin axle sterling elite trecker.keen on trout fishing, lakes,rivers and bass fishing from my boat. close to pembrey caravan club park.

have stayed in blackwalls plantation cc park and fished carsington res.

any good recomendations out there?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Haydn welcome from a south Walian contributer. This might be a good topic for the mods to consider - include a topic heading for HOBBIES WHILST CARAVANNING. It could cover all hobies such as fishing, cycling, photography, ornothology, etc.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
diolch yn fawr colin.

have spent hrs reading all forum topics etc,what a friendly bunch,agree a hobby site would be a bonus.

anybody reading this who finds themselves in pembrey and fancies a visit to burryport lifeboat station you are welcome to call in.somebody around most of the time.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Haydn, we support the Lifeboats and whenever we take our caravan to the coast, we always visit the nearest lifeboat station. We've yet to visit Wales in our caravan, but when we do, we shall certainly visit Burryport Lifeboat Station and say 'hello'. Thanks for your invitiation.

Mrs Meals-on-Wheels

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello Haydn, welcome to the forum, we also have a sterling elite trekker great caravan lots of space for kids. My hubby and sons are keen fishermen but they are better at sea fishing than on the lakes and rivers in all the time we have been going to sites with lakes on them they have never caught anything other than the cold.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

To say we are new to caravaning is about right, we bought our first van less than 2 years ago, having a Shogun, weight was not even considered, last year we changed to a new Swift 620, so we now have a 4 berth fixed bed van.

The van is currently in winter storeage, we live in SE Wales, close to the severn bridge.

Last year we were away as much as possible, weekends only, this year we want to try somewhere different, anyone got any ideas for sites around North Somerset, Glos or around, MUST take dogs.

c

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
try bass fishing from burry port.

sites available pembreycountry park also pembrey cc club,gorseinon cc club plus various in reasonable short distance,charter boats in burryport or free launch of own boat pay for car park,hope the "colds" get better.

H.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

To say we are new to caravaning is about right, we bought our first van less than 2 years ago, having a Shogun, weight was not even considered, last year we changed to a new Swift 620, so we now have a 4 berth fixed bed van.

The van is currently in winter storeage, we live in SE Wales, close to the severn bridge.

Last year we were away as much as possible, weekends only, this year we want to try somewhere different, anyone got any ideas for sites around North Somerset, Glos or around, MUST take dogs.

c
try isle of avalon at glastonbury brill for nov carnival,

bath chew valley is also a good venue

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Haydn, we support the Lifeboats and whenever we take our caravan to the coast, we always visit the nearest lifeboat station. We've yet to visit Wales in our caravan, but when we do, we shall certainly visit Burryport Lifeboat Station and say 'hello'. Thanks for your invitiation.

Mrs Meals-on-Wheels
welcome any time,i may have replied as a response to your repy,scoll down i will get used to it eventually.

H.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello Haydn, welcome to the forum, we also have a sterling elite trekker great caravan lots of space for kids. My hubby and sons are keen fishermen but they are better at sea fishing than on the lakes and rivers in all the time we have been going to sites with lakes on them they have never caught anything other than the cold.
have replied instead of comment scroll down you will find my reply.Happy "trecking"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts