Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi Ya'll,

Over the years I've had a popup trailer, travel trailer (US caravan), did a Class B van conversion (campervan?) and now have a Class A motorhome, also modified to my liking. Right now I'm looking at other options and trying to decide on a fifth wheel or travel trailer.

My reason for joining Practical Caravan is hopefully to learn more about UK and EU caravanning, especially common rules, regulations and legal stuff.

I chose the name "CustomBuild" because whatever I switch to will need to be heavily modified to meet my current US tour requirements followed by my planned multi year tour of the UK/EU.

I'll be happy to share details of my past conversion work if anyone is interested. Or answer any questions on US camping.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. There will be plenty of help on UK side and between us hopefully we can help with the rt of Europe. The tour looks great so let us know more.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some exciting plans. Hopefully the Covid situation will ease globally and you will be able to realise them. Just curious, you are in the US and your touring plans are for the UK and Europe. Are you planning to ship your Unit over the Pond or buy/rent locally when you get here?
mel

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Thanks to all for the welcoming comments.

To answer Mel's question, yes, we are in the US at the moment. Today specifically finds us just outside Grove, Oklahoma and we plan to meander up toward Kansas City, KS next week. Semi-retired full timers loving every minute of it.

Our current thoughts are to ship over, but first we probably want to reconfigure one more time. I've only had our motor-home for one year and really like it and the toad is a Wrangler which is fun too. However, I'm thinking about going full circle back to a tow vehicle and trailer. A truck and fifth wheel are one option, an SUV and trailer are the other consideration. Right now I'm trying to get my mind around the subject of vehicle lengths, heights and weights.

Being from the UK, I fully appreciate those beautiful country roads and lanes and I want to make sure I can get down them.

Ideally we need a Tardis, failing that I need to do a lot of homework.

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts