New member.

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi, after years of touring we sold our van in late 2022 we then tried a few hotels and airb&b but really missed caravan life so late last year we bought another van and have found a place about 1.5 hours drive from home where it is stored permanently so no towing and the site pulls the van out and put it back in storage at the start and end of each visit the site is open from March to October and have had 3 holidays in it so far.
The caravan is a 2014 Lunar SB Saros edition which does have a few minor problems which won't be difficult to fix but we are struggling to find parts and information for sourcing parts etc. so am hoping to get some help and advice from within the group.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Alanp, lots of helpful folk on here, although at times we can be at loggerheads with each other over things.
Ask away about any problems.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, after years of touring we sold our van in late 2022 we then tried a few hotels and airb&b but really missed caravan life so late last year we bought another van and have found a place about 1.5 hours drive from home where it is stored permanently so no towing and the site pulls the van out and put it back in storage at the start and end of each visit the site is open from March to October and have had 3 holidays in it so far.
The caravan is a 2014 Lunar SB Saros edition which does have a few minor problems which won't be difficult to fix but we are struggling to find parts and information for sourcing parts etc. so am hoping to get some help and advice from within the group.
Welcome to the Forum. We stopped in 2014 sold everything then restarted again 2017, but called it a day in 2021. But we still miss our aluminium home from home.

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Welcome Alanp, lots of helpful folk on here, although at times we can be at loggerheads with each other over things.
Ask away about any problems.
Ok being heavy handed I have managed to break a lock on an under bed storage locker door,which wouldn’t open even though the key was working, and I’m struggling to find a replacement also it looks like the struts on the large skylight at the front of the van have stopped working as the skylight won’t stay open any help sourcing would be appreciated.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and back to Caravanning. Can’t beat it imho.
In terms of parts then you could try second hand from a local caravan breaker. Also the folks listed below get good reviews although I have never used them myself.
SFM
Premier towing Centre
KTG
Sorry tried to post links but it wasn’t working
Mel

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If it is just the barrel that is bust you can replace these without changing the whole door - providing you can access the inside to remove the old - you may even be able to specify the key code so you can maintain a single key for the van,
And John I’m afraid I couldn’t get your skylight link to work!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If it is just the barrel that is bust you can replace these without changing the whole door - providing you can access the inside to remove the old - you may even be able to specify the key code so you can maintain a single key for the van,
And John I’m afraid I couldn’t get your skylight link to work!
Thanks, It would not work for me either. Don’t know why, I simply copied the url.

But here it is again.

If it does not work, I simply Googled “Caravan Skylights”.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi and Welcome to the forum any questions you will receive a answer they are a great bunch on here enjoy Caravanning once again .

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and back to Caravanning. Can’t beat it imho.
In terms of parts then you could try second hand from a local caravan breaker. Also the folks listed below get good reviews although I have never used them myself.
SFM
Premier towing Centre
KTG
Sorry tried to post links but it wasn’t working
Mel
Many thanks will give them a look.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts