New members

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
My wife and I used to caravan back in the 80s when our lad was, well a lad. we had a 16' compass back then and we thought it was the need knees. Now both retired we thought we would give it another go as caravans have come a long way with All mod cons so we got ourselves a Lunar Ultima 462 and a Kuga 2ltr to pull it. We intend to drag it down to Cornwall this April and need some advice on the on route services that are caravan friendly.
Joe M.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I used to caravan back in the 80s when our lad was, well a lad. we had a 16' compass back then and we thought it was the need knees. Now both retired we thought we would give it another go as caravans have come a long way with All mod cons so we got ourselves a Lunar Ultima 462 and a Kuga 2ltr to pull it. We intend to drag it down to Cornwall this April and need some advice on the on route services that are caravan friendly.
Joe M.
Welcome to the Forum and it sounds a nice outfit. You don’t say where you will travel from but Taunton Deane are good. Exeter can be busy at holiday times but otherwise okay. Further up the M5 are Strensham, the new ones near Gloucester and Michael Wood. I’ve stopped at all without problems. We tend to time our stops outside of peak hours such as lunch.
There have been improvements to caravan and MH spaces but you will still get WVM or selfish drivers parking in clearly marked spots

I make sure that any services I plan to stop at have the option of a “go around” such that if the caravan bays are full then go around again and park in the HGV area.
We never leave the caravan unattended even with a lock on it can be vulnerable at services. Better not to risk it.
Enjoy your travels.

PS I use Google to suss out the service area parking spots and routes around. They aren’t always well signed.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum and it sounds a nice outfit. You don’t say where you will travel from but Taunton Deane are good. Exeter can be busy at holiday times but otherwise okay. Further up the M5 are Strensham, the new ones near Gloucester and Michael Wood. I’ve stopped at all without problems. We tend to time our stops outside of peak hours such as lunch.
There have been improvements to caravan and MH spaces but you will still get WVM or selfish drivers parking in clearly marked spots

I make sure that any services I plan to stop at have the option of a “go around” such that if the caravan bays are full then go around again and park in the HGV area.
We never leave the caravan unattended even with a lock on it can be vulnerable at services. Better not to risk it.
Enjoy your travels.

PS I use Google to suss out the service area parking spots and routes around. They aren’t always well signed.
Thanks for the info. We will be traveling from Lincolnshire so a long haul awaits😊.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts