New Memebr saying Hello

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am Paul, 34. I've just purchased a new Caravan (Sprite Major 6, 2007) as an upgrade from my 'tester' 1998 Swift Challenger SE, which we pull with a Jaguar 2.2d.

Been caravan-ing for about two years now after enjoying it so much, hence the upgrade. Really got the bug now with the new van but looking to make set up a little less stressful so also purchased (last night) a nice 390 Air awning and some screw in pegs (hated continually bending rock pegs!). Plus a few more bits to make the arrival on site a bit easier.

Been reading the forum for a while, and can see this is the place to both give, and in my case, receive some expert opinion!

Cheers!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you are really loving it. We are also converts to Air awnings. Brilliant bit of kit.
Mel

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Paul.
After various awnings over the years all excellent products I never mastered the skill of erecting them on my own. Until a few steadying pegs were driven in there was always a danger of poles falling and damaging the caravan.
I now have the Kampa Air and love it. Even taking my time it's up and running in no time and taking down along with packing away is quicker still.
One little tip which I presume most people will have worked out for themselves:- if like I have on a couple of occasions, you have to pack up with the awning still damp/ wet. When I get home I simply blow the awning up and leave it free standing but leaning against my hedge in the garden. (Obviously if the weather is favourable) It stands quite happily and dries out in no time I then repack it ready for the next outing.

Welcome again to the forum and I'm sure you will get many enjoyable trips with your new outfit.
Best wishes Brian

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mel,

Many thanks, not used it yet, it should be arriving today- looking forwards to it! How life has changed when your looking forwards to an awning arriving!

Which one do you have? Are they really as easy as the videos suggest? I am hoping so. Think I'll have it up in the garden this evening, just to test of course....

I bought the Sunncamp Ultima Air 390 Plus. It was a toss up between that and the Kampa equivalent which seemed really good, but having owned a Sunncamp with no problems for the last two years, that swung it really.

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Brian.

Yep, I watched more than a few videos and I was really keen on the Kampa, it looks a smart bit of kit. The only reasons I didn't get one was I've a Sunncamp which has been good to us, and the price of the Kampa. For the 390 version, it was a couple hundred more pounds, but, saying that it may reflect the quality.

Anyway, I managed to spend what I've 'saved' on a few other bits. One of the bits is a waterproof flush fit external socket, which I am looking to fit myself when it arrives. I've actually a question on this, not sure which part of the forum to ask in, as it may have been asked previously.

I plan on taking a few photos as I do it, and can post them on the forum if they will be of use?

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the 260 mk1 version. So smaller than the one you are getting.
I'm sure you will be really pleased with yours when you get the chance to use it.
The forum has a category called technical so perhaps that could be ok for you to post details of any modifications or alterations you are doing. I'm sure someone will comment and advise you. I think there will be a good chance that other forum members will have done the same thing so you may get first hand advice.
Best wishes Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts