New motor mover is wonderful

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to all who advised me on the selection and fitting of our Powrtouch motor mover.

As I posted previously I got the HD fitted to our 5 Series Bailey Senator Arizona a couple of weeks back. With price matching I was able to get it fitted for £930 including the electric actuator. After a few hiccoughs when I found that the 'van battery was dead and Powrtouch sending out a second fitter to move the electronic box from behind the heater to a front bed box I was able to use the mover for the first time to get the 'van up our 1:10 drive and onto our sloping, narrow road for our Easter break. (This took a LOT of maneouvring when we had to tow it up.)

We stayed at Cae Mawr CC site on Anglesey for 10 days. I didn't bother with the mover for getting onto the pitch as it was an easy reverse but it was VERY useful for lining up the wheel with the receiver for the Alko Secure wheel lock. The mover really came into its own on our return home yesterday. We just stopped outside our gate unhitched the 'van and then used the mover to propel the 'van across the road and then down the drive FORWARDS. (Previously we had to spend a LONG TIME maneouvring back and forth to get the 'van into the correct position to reverse it down the drive using the car.) We then spent a lot of time maneouvring the 'van around to see if we could get both of our cars onto the drive behind the 'van. (We have to keep on car on the road.) We unfortunately were not able to fit both cars onto the drive but the mover made maneouvring the 'van, to see if the cars would both fit,SO EASY.

When we had finished positioning the 'van I was, again, able to use the mover to "tweak" the 'van to fit the Alko lock - again often a lot of pushing and temper-loosing had been involved in that procedure on pre-mover occasions. The 'van is now more securely parked, too, as it could not be towed out and it would take a lot of people to push it out UP our drive.

As others said we wonder how we managed without it. We are looking forward to using the mover on tight Continental pitches next summer and, also, being able to easily site the 'van for the best views.

Just one question do you other motor mover owners have pneumatic jockey wheels as ours solid wheel tended to "crab" a bit when turning it out of our drive on the tar/gravel road?

Tim

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad you like the mover (best invention since round wheels) I needed a pneumatic JW for moving on gravel, but with our new van (2009 Abbey)I found that the JW is wider than on previous van and therefore moved easily over gravel. I still have the pneumatic JW complete (from AL-Ko)and it's surplus to requirements.I would be glad to sell it if you wished. How would we contact for such a transaction if needed? I am in South Leicestershire.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Glad you like the mover (best invention since round wheels) I needed a pneumatic JW for moving on gravel, but with our new van (2009 Abbey)I found that the JW is wider than on previous van and therefore moved easily over gravel. I still have the pneumatic JW complete (from AL-Ko)and it's surplus to requirements.I would be glad to sell it if you wished. How would we contact for such a transaction if needed? I am in South Leicestershire.
Hi Derek

I might be interested in buying your pneumatic jockey wheel. How much are you selling it for? The only problem is that you are a long way away from me as we live in St Helens, Merseyside. The carriage costs might wll be prohibitive as I imagine it's a fairly weighty object!

Thanks

Tim

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tim,

we have a PowrTouch and like you pitch it nose first on a downhill slope on the drive.

The downside is if the battery runs low and there's not enough juice or it runs down when moving the van up the drive. I do check the battery now a couple of days before going away.

Another instance, when we had a Truma mover a metal arm fractured on it so I couldn't activate the rollers. This was when I was getting the van off the drive to go to Bognor. We had to cancel it at the last minute despite the fact our service engineer came straight away. Truma wouldn't send out a replacement arm for 2 weeks because they were stocktaking. This was in July, height of the holiday season, hence why we then changed to PowrTouch.

We still leave the van the same way round though because it would deter thieves and it would take a lot of people to push it out into the road.

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tim, I too have been trying to buy a motor mover from Powrtouch, can you tell me who you priced matched with as i cannot come to an agrement at the moment with PT.I need a model three quote. Any help would be much appreciated.

ron

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ron

I'm very pleased to help as I got a lot of help from folks on the Caravan Talk Forum.

When I initially approached Powrtouch by phone I had heard from posts on the CT forum that Powrtouch would pricematch against the Rhyno Light mover at

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ron

I'm very pleased to help as I got a lot of help from folks on the Caravan Talk Forum.

When I initially approached Powrtouch by phone I had heard from posts on the CT forum that Powrtouch would pricematch against the Rhyno Light mover at

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tim that was extremely helpfull, much appreciated and armed with that information I will try again this week. If I need more support I will ask the moderator as you suggested. Once again many thanks
Hi Ron

I hope to hear good news about you getting a good price from Powrtouch. Keep me posted and I'll be happy to help more if I am able.

Regards

Tim

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ron

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts