New Nissan X-Trail review

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I would be surprised if the engine proves to be a success as historically cars of this size would have an engine of at least 2000cc.
Maybe smaller harder working engines are the future.......only time will tell if the engine is reliable.

I won't be buying one to find out ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
I would be surprised if the engine proves to be a success as historically cars of this size would have an engine of at least 2000cc.
Maybe smaller harder working engines are the future.......only time will tell if the engine is reliable.

I won't be buying one to find out ;)

Nor will I !
Call me old fashioned but imo there is no substitute to a good old large cubic capacity diesel chugging along at low RPM mile after mile . :cheer:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of body for a little engine with not enough power. I am not convinced that the engine is big enough for the weight of a caravan as well and it would not make my shortlst. If Nissan want to take the towing aspect seriously they do need to have an alternative larger engine.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll stick with my 3ltr 4pot slow revving, & apparently only 130bhp oil burner for a while longer :) might not be the most economical of tugs but it ticks all of my boxes as a tug ......

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
On paper it has got the same torque as what most of the previous generation 1.9/2.0 diesels had,albeit with 1600cc.It will do the job but for how long and the second owner will be the one who suffers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts