New Stealth Caravan Launch

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Here's a sneak preview of the new range of medium to large Caravans that we're launching at the NEC show in October:

We're bringing a totally new perspective to high-end, mainstream caravans.

Revolutionary New Layouts.

Revolutionary New Interior Finishes.

Revolutionary New Exterior.

We're giving you the main reason for visiting the show this year.

STEALTH Caravans - A Caravan to Aspire to...

Alex Murphy

MD

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
www.stealthcaravans.co.uk

Dunster House Ltd

is a Log Cabin Manufacturer http://www.dunsterhouse.co.uk/

They should be experts on caravans! I expect they've plonked a log cabin on an Alko chassis for a new cutting edge look.

No need to worry about water ingress or cracking panels any more. It will be wood worm and wet rot :cool:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I read on 'Twitter' from Nigel Donnelly that a new caravan manufacturer would be exhibiting at October's NEC caravan show.

Let's hope that stealth caravans have a 'revolutionary' leak and snag free design.

Just as long as they don't resemble those weird looking American tailless aircraft.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
This is a brilliant idea! Just think you can be touring and the big line of cars behind you would not have a clue you were towing a caravan. They would assume you was just a Sunday driver. LOL! Also you would never have a theft problem or neighbours complaining about a caravan blocking their view. I notice it is an Irish invention though, so I guess we would have problems finding the van when returning to the site from the pub. Mind you I already have that trouble findingmy non-stealthy one in the same situation???

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If the website picture is anything to go by, it looks like one of those containers transported on ships, or which is used to stack and build cheap and cheerful student accommodation.

Perhaps they've got a job lot - but at least they should be watertight!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I feel I should point out that "Stealth" is merely a name brought about by the look of our unique nosecone design. Sorry to dissapoint those who expected it to blend with the countryside! However it does look significantly different to other caravans on sale.

Responding to a couple of other points raised.

No, it's not April 1st.

No, we're not putting a log cabin on an AL-KO chassis, though we are using AL-KO chassis'.

Yes, it was designed from the off to resist leaks and has a unique roof design.

As a Company we are very, very diverse and sell many product lines designed in-house. In many of our products we are the market leaders in the country.

The reason for offering a new caravan range onto the market is because I am a caravanner and whilst I have a beautiful caravan there are many aspects I would change. So I am. We have designed a new caravan range from scratch based on personal experience and lots of reviews of current products. So our range offers a fresh look and one that is in keeping with up-to-date, modern tastes.

We'll be launching the most interesting caravan range in years at the NEC show. Come and see us there.

STEALTH Caravans - A Caravan to Aspire to...

Alex Murphy

MD

Dunster House Ltd

G

We think this sounds interesting, but many caravanners don't go to the NEC and nothing would drag us there.

Our marketing persons take on the post, beware 'yuppy speak soundbite terminology': "STEALTH Caravans - A Caravan to Aspire to..." translates to, 'it will more than likely carry a large price tag'.

Price will dictate how relevant a new range will be, someone elses taste and working from reviews is no guarantee of what others want.

Some have developed a romantic veiw on Airstream's, another 'aspire to' caravan. There's no way we would be seen dead with a tacky looking Aistream in tow, I hate the look inside and out and the way they are built. Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

The Stealth Caravans picture used on holding web site page and using 'Stealth' with it's bomber plane links is not a smart move according to our straw poll.

A better marketing ploy would have been to get some REAL titbit preview info and photo's on the web site and see what other caravanners think.

But good luck, some new modern day designs, build processes and space age materiald and technology is long overdue in caravan manufacturing.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've left this topic alone so that forum members may be informed of the launch of a new caravan brand and have chance to discuss it.

I agree that the subject matter breaches rule 6 of forum etiquette and I will keep an eye on the topic.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Alex

It would be nice not to have items not fail after only a few months use.

eg my fridge element failed twice in the first year, the PSU was changed twice.

Proper car spec road lights that don't rust.

And top of the list for a bailey owner, panels that don't crack.

Its a very long list.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
We think this sounds interesting, but many caravanners don't go to the NEC and nothing would drag us there.

Our marketing persons take on the post, beware 'yuppy speak soundbite terminology': "STEALTH Caravans - A Caravan to Aspire to..." translates to, 'it will more than likely carry a large price tag'.

Price will dictate how relevant a new range will be, someone elses taste and working from reviews is no guarantee of what others want.

Some have developed a romantic veiw on Airstream's, another 'aspire to' caravan. There's no way we would be seen dead with a tacky looking Aistream in tow, I hate the look inside and out and the way they are built. Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

The Stealth Caravans picture used on holding web site page and using 'Stealth' with it's bomber plane links is not a smart move according to our straw poll.

A better marketing ploy would have been to get some REAL titbit preview info and photo's on the web site and see what other caravanners think.

But good luck, some new modern day designs, build processes and space age materiald and technology is long overdue in caravan manufacturing.
Pity you're not going to the NEC, euro. Good chance to see different window configs and better appreciate my concerns! :)

We might even meet up and chew the fat about how to bring a bit more genuine quality to caravans across the board.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Alex

Add to that list:-

A door latch/lock that works properly (I'm on no2 and it still sticks at the slightest opportunity.

A TV you can turn off so it's not permanently on standby.

A positive action flush drain tap not some silly cheap rubber bung that comes out and soaks your carpets.

A table suitable for people not elephants (use the weight saving to beef up some other over weedy items eg bog seat or put two metal latching stays on all windows.

Coathooks that work.

A spare wheel stowage that is easily accessed when you've got a flat tyre.

Steadies you don't have to kneel to get the handle located.

An integral step like those on LV's.

A slide-out option.

Shock absorbers as standard.

But above ALL else - something you can't touch or see:-

Some proper proving and testing of new designs/products before subjecting your customers to all too numerous and perfectly preventable early faults and failures in both van/equipment.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
A PDI prior to delivery would help along with a competitive price as opposed to the over priced Airstream! Our 2004 Lunar 640 has the ideal layout for us and doesn't come with microwave which is a bonus as most are fitter at head level. the only thing we would like is a bigger hot water tank as the 10 litre one is just too small.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Clever caravan design this, but can someone mark the main fold points as I take it folds flat for transit.

I can see where you pull it back into shape using the two silver knobs on the front.

My grandson has a transformer very similar to this, really clever. Hmmmm.

Best regards

Tomo

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the comments, though I'd love to hear more. It would also be nice to hear your thoughts on what you want from a caravan, fixed beds, sofa/beds, large washrooms, wetrooms, colours, finishes.

Here are some answers:

The full range of Stealth Caravans are being made as prototype pre-production models so that they can be tested. We're not just making one and hoping they'll all be ok. It's a significant investment but as a Company we always like to physically prototype before production not just rely on computer aided design.

Pre-delivery inspection. Naturally we'll carry that out to ensure quality standards are good.

We won't fitting slide-outs at this stage, I never rule anything out. But they'd be very heavy and add a lot of expense.

I like the idea of an integral step. But they cost more and obviously the customer pays. So my question is. How important is this, how much would you be prepared to pay and maybe I'll look into offering it as an option.

Regarding lighting: I'm very confident our road lights won't rust!

Ok, another question: What thing/s on your current van could you not live without, or what do you absolutely want on your next van?

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Alex

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts