new tap fitted help needed thank you

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and new to the caravan world I've just fitted a new mixer tap as someone smashed it closing the lip on the sink it's a pressure system so no micro switches so picked up a normal mixer that matches the old one once I Plumb it it I tested it on my 12v battery I'm getting trickles of water not constant and when I close the taps the pump just runs and runs have I done anything wrong or could it just be the battery a bit rubbish
Hopefully it will work good on mains but I'm going away this weekend for the week anything I could check just to make sure
Cheer

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
As it is a pressure controlled system, then as you think the tap does not need micro switches and the weak flow and failure of the pump to switch off are both classic symptoms of a near "flat" battery.

The low voltage means the pump will not work with vigour, and when the tap is switched off the pump is unable to raise the pressure enough to switch itself off.
On mains the van's charger will lift the voltage so very likely to "cure" the tap.
If the battery does not recover then you will need a new one. Running with a shot battery puts undue strain on the charger which might not do that any long term good.

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the reply I'm hoping too lol I was a bit concerned if the tap was the problem but doubt it as I shut the tap and it wouldnot stop pumping also check for leaks on my new fittings nothing leaking lol
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts