new to caravaning

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

Myself and my partner are both new to caravaning we purchased a caravan in July 2006 we brought an Abbey Freestyle 540SE with a fixed double bed as we didnt want the hassle of setting beds up every night, we are both extremely happy with it and have made good use of it as we have had a good few fun weekends away in it. At the time we purchased it we owned a mondeo estate auto which I was quite happy with until it came to getting stuck a few times on some fields that didnt look at all bad, because of this we swapped it for a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Warrior 2.5 TD which I couldnt be happier with. Our first real holiday with it will be in july this year when we are off to Devon for the week.We are aiming to get away at least once a month for a weekend or more if time allows us to.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Welcome Michael, I'm sure you will enjoy your caravanning but like the rest of us that tow with a 4x4 you will need thick skin to ward off the tree huggers..Ha Ha.

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi Michael! Welcome aboard... We went around Devon, but mainly Cornwall last year and it was lovely - but beware of that Tom Tom taking you down those long very narrow roads!!

We love taking out van out for a weekend to one of the CC sites, its just great to get away for the weekend, from the house, work... even if you just end up reading all weekend! you can just feel the tension melt away as you head off with the van in tow.. fantastic...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts