new to caravanning, ccs,?cls?

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
hi all,

iam a new member and new to caravanning, and quite shocked to see how much it costs per night on caravan sites.

i have read a few topics and posts etc on this forum and have seen the words CCs and CLs etc being recommended but ian not sure what these mean, i think these mean some kind of caravan sites/parks which are better value for money/cheaper? but to be honest i havent got a clue! if they are caravan sites/parks that are cheaper where would i find them?

your advise will be much appreciated.

thanks.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
CL = Certificated Location. The Caravan Club has a network of 5 van sites, privately owned and run, which are exempt from normal planning (hence "certificated" by the club). They are all listed in the CC handbook, and the main stipulation is they are only open to CC members. They also all have to have basic facilities at least (cold water, chemical emtying point, grey water disposal, rubbish disposal), though some have more (EHU, toilet, shower). Prices vary of course, and are decided by the owners.

The Caravan and Camping Club have a similar network of "CS's"

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
CL = Certificated Location. The Caravan Club has a network of 5 van sites, privately owned and run, which are exempt from normal planning (hence "certificated" by the club). They are all listed in the CC handbook, and the main stipulation is they are only open to CC members. They also all have to have basic facilities at least (cold water, chemical emtying point, grey water disposal, rubbish disposal), though some have more (EHU, toilet, shower). Prices vary of course, and are decided by the owners.

hi thanks for your reply,

iam guessing that these sites are more cheaper than regular sites?

where can i find these sites?

thanks,rocco.

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site

thanks for your reply and advice kathleen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts