new to caravanning, help finding cheap sites please.

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
hi all,

thanks for reading,

iam very new to caravanning, and probabley like yourselves are shocked at the cost of caravan sites, especially when you have to pay for children seperately and on top of everything else.

could anybody please tell me where or how i can gain access to cheaper no frills caravan sites that offer the absolute minimum facilities, but still offer peaceful surroundings,fresh air, and countryside for me and my wife and children to go walking in with out worrying about the cost so much?

your help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rocco, join the Caravan Club, or Camping and Caravanning Club, or both, and use the CL sites (CC) or CS sites(C&CC)

These are 5 van sites, usually in great locations, minimal facilities but great value at between

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Ideal solution for a young family like yours (and ours)

as previous post join one of the clubs and then join the local centre, you will be able to go on rallies to the same commercial sites for somewhere around 40-60% of the tariff price with access to exactly the same facilities.

Your children (and you)will get to know and regularly meet the same friends (remember making good friends on holiday as a kid to never see them again)

On the day you leave you will be allowed to leave later in the day e.g. 16:00 instead of 10:00.

To see what is available in your area use the links from the CC website, you can also go on other areas rallies.

Rallies will also go to sites that you can not visit commercially (Crealy in Devon being one).

We are away on rallies 60 days this year at a cost of

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
Rocco, join the Caravan Club, or Camping and Caravanning Club, or both, and use the CL sites (CC) or CS sites(C&CC)

These are 5 van sites, usually in great locations, minimal facilities but great value at between

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
Ideal solution for a young family like yours (and ours)

as previous post join one of the clubs and then join the local centre, you will be able to go on rallies to the same commercial sites for somewhere around 40-60% of the tariff price with access to exactly the same facilities.

Your children (and you)will get to know and regularly meet the same friends (remember making good friends on holiday as a kid to never see them again)

On the day you leave you will be allowed to leave later in the day e.g. 16:00 instead of 10:00.

To see what is available in your area use the links from the CC website, you can also go on other areas rallies.

Rallies will also go to sites that you can not visit commercially (Crealy in Devon being one).

We are away on rallies 60 days this year at a cost of

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I endorse Garry's comments about rallies. We had Easter with the Midland Centre. Big field by the trent and mersey canal (not near enough to drown the kids) lovely walks, space for kids to play and I think

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rocco - I've said it many times on this forum, and it all depends where you live and how far you wish to travel. I would recommend either Widend Caravan site in Marlden nr. Paignton for the south west or Plassey Leisure Park in Wrexham for north Wales/Midlands area. Both are excellent clean sites in the countryside for miles of walking yet close to towns/cities/beaches if you so desire for the children.

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
I endorse Garry's comments about rallies. We had Easter with the Midland Centre. Big field by the trent and mersey canal (not near enough to drown the kids) lovely walks, space for kids to play and I think

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rocco - I've said it many times on this forum, and it all depends where you live and how far you wish to travel. I would recommend either Widend Caravan site in Marlden nr. Paignton for the south west or Plassey Leisure Park in Wrexham for north Wales/Midlands area. Both are excellent clean sites in the countryside for miles of walking yet close to towns/cities/beaches if you so desire for the children.
hi colin.

thanks for advise and your reply.

regards rocco.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi rocco

one quick tip from a miser with 30years van experience,

do not go to the big everthing on site type locations their are plenty of things for the kids to do but cost a packet in the process and keep out of prime sites near towns and the beach for the same reason

look around for small sites 10 miles or so from where you want to be and commute there the price of these can be 50% less

for example:- the east coast of yorkshire near me, a site in any of the seaside towns you will pay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts