New To Caravans

Mar 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm 32 years old and just got into caravans in a big way.Infact,I've just bought my neighbours Marauder and living in it on my back yard!

But there's one problem.I know NOTHING!I just don't know where to start.I'm getting magazines,etc but as for working the gas bottle,the cooker,the fridge,plumbing,I know nothing.

It does need a bit of work too,like parts are missing,hinges off cupboards,a crack in a window,there's no table that folds out to a bed,etc so I've got to learn.If anyone has any basic tips for the complete novice I'd be very grateful.

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
HI

Im also new to caravaning and Ive found this forum so helpfull and the people that use all im writing to say you might find it easyier to ask questions on different topics instead of this very big question

Phil

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Deanna, really you need someone to look at the van and test it for damp and delamination of the floor if you intend towing it.

It seems a big project to take on if you know nothing about caravans at all. Maybe theres a Mobile Service Engineer in your area who could check out the faults and what needs doing.

Check this site, the engineers advice will probably cost you but I'm afraid it's too big a project to give info in a forum.

http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/mcea-find-an-engineer.htm
Good luck anyway. Still post questions because I'm sure some can be answered.

Jan 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I also can recommend the Haynes manual. You should be able to pick up a copy at your local Halfords. It is very easy and clear to understand (even for me). We refer to it alot and have done quite a bit of maintenance on our van this year, which would have cost a small fortune if we had not been able to do the work ourselves.

Hope you get on OK

Cathie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caravan Buyer 2008 a magazine you can get from W H Smiths etc tells you what you need to know, it is a once a year publication from caravan magazine, if you can't get it try caravanmagazine.co.uk. The Haynes manual also,as mentioned previously is good.

Darryl.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts