New to towing

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi, just new to towing and I have planned a trip to Helmsley North yorkshire. I know you can't go up/down Sutton bank but does anybody know what newgate bank is like to tow up. I have a lightweight caravan towing with a 1.5 diesel qashqai so not very powerful. Any advice would be appreciated

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We went to north York Moors in May and visited around Newgate Bank. It’s only around 10% gradient and no real sharp bends like Sutton Bank or Bank Top with its 33% gradient and sharp bends. But of course you cannot tow a van on those.

So at 10% and no sharp bends your outfit should be okay on Newgate Bank. Just take it steady in a suitable gear.

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
We went to north York Moors in May and visited around Newgate Bank. It’s only around 10% gradient and no real sharp bends like Sutton Bank or Bank Top with its 33% gradient and sharp bends. But of course you cannot tow a van on those.

So at 10% and no sharp bends your outfit should be okay on Newgate Bank. Just take it steady in a suitable gear.
Thanks, been looking at a few routes and this one seems to be best from where I'm travelling from

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The free smartphone Navigation app "NavMii" allows you to set your vehicle size, which will give you suitable routes for towing. I set it to "Transport Truck" for best results for caravan use. Obviously, double check your route before trusting this application.

Reactions: Thingy
Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
The free smartphone Navigation app "NavMii" allows you to set your vehicle size, which will give you suitable routes for towing. I set it to "Transport Truck" for best results for caravan use. Obviously, double check your route before trusting this application.
Thanks i will download that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts