Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased a new tow car vauxhall insignia unfortunatly it comes with parking sensors as standard, can anyone recomend a good fitter in Scotland and what can i expect to pay

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
just had a swan neck fitted to my focus estate and it does not interfare with my rear parking sensors,can recommend a fitter in grimsby but not in scotland!!

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a people carrier Witter Towbar and bike rack as well. I used a small amount of BLUTAK across part of the offending sensor - you will have to expreiment as to the right amount. Once you are happy I then coloured the BLUTAK with a black marker pen (I have a black bumper and the sensor is black) to hide what I had done. No more continuous bleeping and it still detects the front of other cars. Cost virtually nothing and has remained in place for the last 3 years.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
hi andy i just had a detachable tow bar fited to my insignia i got it fitted by a company called buchans tow bars they are a reputable tow bar fitter with branches in scotland the cost of mine was 560pounds but fixed tow bar much cheaper regards dave

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Andrew,

I have just purchased a removable tow bar from Witter, by one of their agents, who all fit. They have them all over the country, including Buchans mentioned in a previous reply. You just have to input your post code and they will give you all the options in your area.

Mine cost

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
didnt make my sensors go of i moked a tow ball on a wood stand like the one i use for my nose weight scales and put behind car at the hight and gap and was ok and was a lot cheaper than a non fixed ball.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts