Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I apologise to all of you in advance BUT!! For a while now I have been looking for a new vacuum cleaner for the house.I have veered from one make to another,read reviews and ended up completely befuddled as usual. The upshot of this was that I had to make a list of the reasons for buying it.The major thing was the weight issue and next the cleaning efficiency,cost and reliability and so on. The favoured option was Dyson at first but after comparison and reviews I opted for a Vax Mach Air Reach. I then searched for the best deal and saved about £40.I ordered it and waited expectantly.It arrived yesterday and I eagerly set to and made my maiden clean.Oh how happy am I?? I used my original Hoover bagless first then the very big very powerful and extremely heavy Vax from upstairs.
Then***out came the new machine.I went over the same carpets again and lo and behold this new wonder of wonders picked up more dust.What can I say,it looks great,it weighs 5.5kg and has all the features that Dyson invented and comes with a 6year warranty.Its no good I must get it out and vacuum something.If you send me your address I will happily come round and clean up !!!
How sad does this make me???? Chaps you can wake up now I have finished jabbering on!
Vroom vroom,did I mention it is really quiet too?
Thursdays Child

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I never, Pat and I have one of these, we only use it on the upper floors and the Dyson on the ground floor, for all the stairs we use the Dirt Deval.
Oh and we hoover every day as Pat is house proud.
Reg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
TC, you seem to have 3 vacuum cleaners. Have you considered professional help (and I don't mean with the hoovering).
smiley-wink.gif

mel

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mel you clever old thing,yes I did have 3 vacuums but now there are 2 cos the big heavy one has gone to a new,younger and fitter owner. I am now busy practising for Halloween as I intend to use my new electric broomstick for the first time. Harry Potter eat your heart out.Here comes granny!!!!!! Therapy ? Who needs therapy?
TC

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all out there. Some time ago we were visited by a young lady after a phone call from my EX WIFE,yes I should have rumbled.
Would we like the carpet cleaning for absolutely nothing ?. Along came this young lady complete with Kirby Cleaning System,yes you guessed it. The cleaning ability of the system cannot be faulted but a subscription to the local weight lifters club was not part of the deal. It is also amazing how their demonstration regime does not flag up the restrictions of the cleaner unless you part dismantle and attach one of the many accessory items. It became an instant 'must have,got to have,it is done;we now have it' White Elephant. My only saving grace was that I myself did not pay for it. The Kirby is now 2yrs old and has been used less than 10 times. At the very heavily discounted price of £1200.00 it would have been cheaper to contract in a cleaner.

My final word on this issue is:- It is just as-well that I didn't throw away my trusty yet albeit old AquaVac.It has been re-enlisted from my workshop.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mr Rooster I too had the "kirby" experience.The young man was told prior to entering that at that particuklar time I did not do"household toys or cleaning".He insisted on giving us the "free" clean and the machine did everything he promised and I was full of admiration for it BUT at that time I was more interested in my new 2 seater sports car and had he been trying to sell me a nodding dog I would have snapped it up. That was too many years ago and I do hope he doesnt come knocking today!!!!! What a difference a decade makes!
Thursdays Child

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts