Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, Happy New Year!

Does anyone know anyone in Manchester / Cheshire that does caravan tyre fitting?

I have got Tyron bands on my van tyres, and wanted to take it for new tyres somewhere that knows what they are doing, i.e. Knows where to jack, how to fit Tyron bands etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Two Caravans ago, we had a van with Tyron bands and were told that Kwik Fit did a mobile service to sort out tyres with Tyron bands.
Never used it so couldn't say if they were any good; also Kwik fit generally don't get the best press....
Just passing the info on.
Not local to Manchester (well, not for 30 years) so can't help there.
Good luck
Mel

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
A few years ago I ordered new tyres for a van I bought secondhand and the mobile fitter could not complete the job as (unknown to me) Tyron bands were fitted. I then used Kwik Fit mobile service to get new tyres. They were both quick and efficient.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would check with e tyres to see if they can deal with them. There is no extra charge for mobile fitting which I think there is with Quickfit.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
E tyres were the fitters who could not deal with Tyron bands (although it was a few years ago) and found Kwik Fit was a fitter prepared to deal with them via a mobile service.

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
We used one of the mobile only companies recently (possibly etyres?) they specifically asked about Tyron bands - they could work with them but needed to know to assign right fitter / van.

Only problem we had was we gave them details from caravan data plate (including load rating) fitter turned up and refused to fit as "caravans must have commercial tyres". Re-arranged fitting with commercial tyres and fitter said previous fitter was talking rubbish (as advised by caravan club) and fitted more expensive tyres but arranged compensation for wasted time that meant we got them £10 cheaper than original quote (commercials were going to cost about £20 more all in)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts