Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello all we need to get new tyres for our Bailey ranger 460/4.
any idea where to look, is there such a thing as mobile fitter and are they expensive?
thank you

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Just google tyres at home and take your pick - make sure you include the Load index as well as the tyre size when you contact them.

Jan 12, 2019
Visit site
We use Kwikfit mobile fitting service in storage. We’ve used on our last van and our present van, fitted with Tyrone’s, and they have been great! Same price as online depot booking, on time for both fits, very good service!!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would try e tyres The prices are competitive and they come to you. The tyres will be van tyres, so a normal search on car tyres will not work and just ringing is the best option. Because caravan tyres need replacing due to age rather than wear cheaper ones are generally the norm.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I would go to blackcircles.com they did mine and always seem competitive. They came out to the storage compound bang on time & fit/balanced/replaced valves all inclusive & take the old casings away.
Also if you click on the draw at the end you get a chance to win the money back on your tyres-I did & I won! 4 Michellin free of charge for the car!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I would go to blackcircles.com they did mine and always seem competitive. They came out to the storage compound bang on time & fit/balanced/replaced valves all inclusive & take the old casings away.
Also if you click on the draw at the end you get a chance to win the money back on your tyres-I did & I won! 4 Michellin free of charge for the car!

With Blackcircles, you're at the mercy of their local fitter - the standard varies!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not all Blackcircles local fitting depots do mobile fitting.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We found that out at our cost which is why we are reluctant to use Blackcircles.
Yes - I found out the hard way when just accepting their nomination of local fitter - the last caravan tyres I bought were from a local outfit Trade Tyres, Shenstone, who offer a mobile service but even their fitter told me caravan tyres don't need balancing, he did though agree to do it after my insistence - for car tyres I buy from Oponeo, delivered direct to my local trusted independent workshop who just charge for fit, valve, balance and disposal.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes - I found out the hard way when just accepting their nomination of local fitter - the last caravan tyres I bought were from a local outfit Trade Tyres, Shenstone, who offer a mobile service but even their fitter told me caravan tyres don't need balancing, he did though agree to do it after my insistence - for car tyres I buy from Oponeo, delivered direct to my local trusted independent workshop who just charge for fit, valve, balance and disposal.
In our area Blackcircles have a number of tyre depots that will fit the tyres and it’s the customer who chooses. Same as Mytyres and several other online suppliers. I’ve always found their linked fitting depots fine.
For the caravan I get the tyres delivered to home and either one of the mobiles fit them or I arrange to take the van over to the depot. My presence however is to remove the van wheels and take them to a depot. That way I can control how the caravan is jacked up. But the tyres will always be balanced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts