New users

JK1

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hello to the rest of you,5th year caravanning but new to the forum+still only 36,isn't it amazing how the age range keeps on coming down!wife and three kids love it even if it involves alittle extra work from me while away to keep things ticking it's definitely the best investment we've made.In terms of value for money our third van (2001 avondale rialto640-6)and 2001 2.4previa have already paid us back,with 10 breaks away last year and france booked this year what is there not to like.My grandfather tought me all the basics may he r.i.p but still learning all the time we love it!

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I know what you mean, we only been caravaning for 3 years and have changed caravan 3 times, we started of with a very small one but soon dicovered that the 6 of us just could not live in it without blood being spilt, now have a 6 berth sterling treker just bought it at end ot season so only got away for a weekend but have already booked about 8 trips for this year, can't wait. There is something about caravaning once you have been away you just want to keep going its very addictive.And so is the magazine i can't wait each month for it to arrive then my husband and i fight over it, the kids think we are mad.

I would be interested to hear about your trip booked to France not sure if i'm brave enough to go that far we would have to travel from Northern Ireland.

Jenny

JK1

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi jennifer,i don't know the furthest you have been as you are in NI but we did the isle of wight last year from the north west as a sort of dummy run,we go by the simple common sense rule if it feels wrong it generally is!read all the info you can especially off here + the mag,don't worry about things you can't control use an operator such as eurocamp independant(they are based up the road from us+i can,t recommend them enough)kiss good bye to a grand for two weeks + take the plunge we think you won't regret it!(a holiday in majorca would cost us nearly 2)whatever you do enjoy it JK

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Welcome JK.

Our kids have all flown the nest but we used Eurocamp Independant very many years ago. They were recommended by neighbours and a friends sister was married to one of the founders or something.

It may have changed now, but they used to take block ferry bookings and fit you in to suit their booking s;ots. When you got on the ferry you found it half empty!

It was peace of mind for a couple of years with the kids, but we soon ditched them. You got a better deal booking direct with the same sites they use and cheaper ferry deals.

Caravan Club ferry deals and internet deals and booking direct can save you a lot of money over EI.

We never had the ease of using the internet and most sites give people who book them selves better pitches we found and have seen many times since.

Any way welcome aboard and give it a go yourslf next trip to France and the kids may have few more bob in the holiday funds. And you'll get loads of good advice here!

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for advise, We are thinking of taking the plunge next year so have plenty of time to sort of route and get all advise we'll need. so you will be hearing from me again.

Thanks Jenny.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts