new users

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi thank goodness this site is here! We are a large family consisting of six kids and two adults, one dog and usually at least two extra kids when its holiday time!

We took up caravaning beginning of last year and are now completely hooked, we used to have a static van but prices went up and we decided to take the plunge and buy our six berth van with large awning and two bedroom extensions. Our first trip out was a nightmare took us three hours to put up the awning! However the kids love it so much they cant wait to get away this year, already booked 5 hols going up and down the country. Its a real bug and we love it. The only thing that really was disappointing was trying to get on a caravan course - impossible! Have tried two years on the trot now, fortunately we managed to get on a manouvering course, we are desperate to learn how to reverse with the van.

One thing I have noticed that all the campsites I have been on everyone is so friendly its definately another way of life.

Well no doubt I'll come across some of you on my travels, happy trails (is that too corny?)

Lizzie n Dave

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Lizzie. You are right, caravanning is addictive. With regards to the reversing if you can stretch your pennies get a caravan mover, it's simple then to pitch up and saves risking your back from pushing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts