new 'vanner!

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thought i'd pop in & say "HI"...just bought my 1st caravan (sept) after years of tenting-which got bigger & bigger, then i was given a conway royale 320 trailer tent last year..which leaked on the august bank holiday! A friend said "by my 'van"-we tried it the following weekend & the deal was done!
smiley-cool.gif

Wanted to start small-to see if we liked it/see if we could tow it ok/see if we had room to store it! No problems there-its a silverline nova..very light, 5'3" wide,10'6" internal length (about 14' overall)...like a caravan,only smaller!
smiley-laughing.gif
..seriously,its great-surprisingly roomy really-even for me,other half,daughter & dog!! (full awning helps!
smiley-tongue-out.gif
)--been away in it a few times already!
Been thinking about 'vans for years really & bought 'van mags for info,site reviews etc! Mum & Dad had 'vans in the 70's-must've rubbed off on me!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to caravanning and to the forum. We had lots of happy if somewhat damp holidays in tents but once you've tried a van, there really is no going back. There is lots of advice on here if you need. Not from me; I'm in the "moral support" department, but there are plenty of knowledgeable folks, just ask if you get stuck.
mel

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi custom, I have seen them vans before. There was one next to us up in Seahouses earlier this year and we had a look in it.
Is it the one where the roof lifts up about a foot but does not have the toilet compartment in it.
They had the awning up and a toilet tent in there. It was nice and cosy (not the toilet tent).

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Custom, Glad yr caravanning and joining us faithfuls, my friends had this caravan it is only small I gree but quite roomy considering its size. They had theirs for 13yrs and loved it. Only sold it last year and that was due to ill-health. Enjoy many outings and lets hope for a nice summer.

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi raccoon--no lifting roof....its just like a 'normal' caravan--but smaller!
smiley-smile.gif
....there is a bathroom, cold water (so no shower-not enough room to turn round in there!!) vanity unit,fold up sink & a portapotty! I got lucky & got a full awning from e.bay-£25 & only used about 8 times!-the awning is bigger than the van!
smiley-wink.gif
--11'x8',i also got a good deal on a bedroom annexe too!-worlds smallest 4 berth?!
Its traditional 80's layout-2 berth with end kitchen,side bathroom etc-theres even a motorhome style flip-down step built in!!
thanks for the warm welcome all!-may well have questions along the way..i'm up-rating 1 or 2 things-ive already replaced the big ugly spotlights with smaller more modern ones (more in-keeping with the 'van size too!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts