New Year at Sandringham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are rapidly approaching our first New Year away stay in our Avondale Dart 515. What are the best hints and tips that i need to remember and consider both before i go away and while i'm away during the cold winter time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil, we always go away for the new year period and always enjoy it. We will be at Sandringham as well so come and say hello, ask the wardens they will know who we are. The only thing I do differently is to insulate the aquaroll if the temperature is below freezing. I bought some tank insulation from B&Q and made my own aquaroll jacket, don't forget the pipe from the aquaroll into the caravan. I also use propane gas as it works better at low temperatures, I think butane stops working when it gets to freezing. Most of all just enjoy yourself, we always do.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil,

We are also spending our first New Year away in our caravan,in fact it will be our first winter away in it. Surprise Surprise we'll be at Sandringham too !!

I can't offer you any advice from experience but have read about lagging the aqua roll & to keep moving the hook up cable so it doesn't freeze into the ground. Don't forget to take your wife's hairdryer to thaw out the toilet cassette ! ( Nice ! ) The good points though are that your beer & wine can keep cool in the fridge and outside !

Have a good time.

Mike.

G

well that make five of us I will be at sandringham too from the 27th do come in and say hello it is a Pageant Vendee

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stuff Christmas, I'm looking forward to the new year now !

Oh and by the way not sure but don't think "Phil and Betty" are taking their caravan this year, they are staying in a holiday home somewhere near by !!!!

G

Does the Queen know that you lot are gate crashing her estate over the new year? She will think she has been invaded by new age travellers.
It is by appointment only and she has been inform

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You lot enjoy yourself in north Norfolk this New Year, we have been in Cromer the last two and enjoyed it tremendously. The weather can be surprisingly mild being so close to the sea so don't worry to much... Oh and give Betty my love

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Will pass on your kindest to "Betty". Its Phil i'm worried about don't want him coming by the wardens office early in the morning with his over and under cocked shouting ""get orff my larnd" cranky old beggar

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We did manage to make it to Sandringham, we went a day early, on Monday to avoid the snow. Unfortunatley Monday afternoon our electric system decided to pack up. Had this been summer there would have been no problem, but in the depths of winter with snow forcast, I wanted everything working

especially the TV. There was nothing else for it but to return home severely dissapointed. What a fun drive that proved to be with heavy snow around the Ely area, but we made it ok. Oh well better luck next year. Happy New year to you all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I rang on Wed nesday and the wardens (bless them) said not to bother Thursday morning but to ring and make a decision then. thursday morning was a white out apparently. We couldn't get the 'van out of storage. So we waited for the rain on Friday morning and followed it to sandringham. Even so we couldn't get up the slope past the wardens office and neeed the Kubota to get us onto the nearest pitch (thanks for that). We were cordially greeted by Yungsian (apologies for sp).

The kids loved the white stuff only wished we were there when the snowmen and the igloo were being built...yes it was that bad !!!

saw Phil and Betty at church on New Years Day ...doing some gardening outside, setting a good example to a host of cameras and policemen.

G

Neil it was nice meeting you at Sandringham sorry we did not have a chance to have a drink, there is always next time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts