New Years Eve

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I know it 's a bit early to think about this,but I wonder if anyone can help me. We always go away just after Christmas to see the New Year in with friends. We try and find a nice all year CL and then a Pub/Hotel that does a meal and provides some entertainment. Does anyone know a place that would suit our needs. We live in the West mids. Nigel

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
We always go to Blackmore Camping and Caravanning Club site in Hanley Swan, near Great Malvern. It is at the foot of the Malvern Hills and there is no finer place to walk than over the Malverns. There are some lovely pubs close by and the Swan at Hanley Swan does a fabulous New Years Eve party and the food is great. As you would expect ( as a southerner living in Surrey) it's dirt cheap!
The facilities on site are ALWAYS immaculate and they have their own New Years Eve party should you wish to partake!

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention, the shopping and facilities in Worcester are also fantastic. Worcester town centre is lovely and you are only 45 minutes or so from Sheakespeare country and Stratford on Avon so there really is masses to do.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Southy1 , we are booked in there for 3 days on way back from st ives to newcastle in the summer holidays as a half way point so thats a good bit info for me thanks !!

Craig .

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Craig

If you like a walk and a nice beer after, head for the British Camp at Great Malvern. It is an Iron Age hill fort and an easy car park. The Malvern Hills Hotel is opposite so you can go for a fabulous walk over the malverns and pop in for meal or a pint after.

All the food and beer in most of the places is great quality and I think, very cheap.

As previously mentioned, the Swan is great and walking distance. The Blue Bell on the Upton Road at Callow End is also a favourite haunt of ours. Great food! We had New Year's Eve there this year and had a fab meal. Back in time for the fireworks over the hills and a glass of wine round the fire pit and see the new year come in.

FABULOUS!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craig, check out, stay over another day if possible, The Three kings, in Hanley Castle, about 3 miles away, a lovely but strange pub. We were given Cheese and onion Sandwiches for free by local church , . Great butchers in Hanley Swan next to pub. .
. Good caravan sites as well, both CC and C & CC.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Southy1
I am wossied !!

HutCh , evening , 3 miles maybe a bit far for the pub !! Dont mind a litttle stroll but . . . ! :woohoo:

Craig , AKA
Sir Crying ! :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craig, Its a great pub, I would walk there, taxi back, , tell me the date you might be at Backmore. I will see wheee we are, ?

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Southy and crew are at Blackmore 30th March until the 2nd. Bringing the van back to Walton on Thames for the start of the season.

If anyone is around, come knock on the door, Pegasus Bologna and Range Rover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts