New Zealand member with US pop up

May 1, 2021
Visit site
I am single retired with a USA built Trailmanor 2720 dinette version. Live in the Far North of New Zealand, with many spectacular beaches and camp sites. Joined Forum as I am considering a UK caravan.

Are caravan builders missing a market segment? What I mean is ME! What I need in a caravan is a king single fixed bed, spacious shower and toilet, and a desk with office chair, and space for a lazy boy. What I don't need is a dinette and bench seating. If entertaining we do that outside with portable table and chairs, and gas BBQ, and plenty of wine.

Any ideas of suitable caravans?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is that your requirements would result in a very large caravan that is too big for UK roads, our weather means inside dining and lounging is often needed so there would be no call for it. We are limited to a 7 metre body length and I am not sure that we could get all that in. I cannot think of any European model that would get anywhere near your list.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The only European models that might be suitable for consideration are Hobby, Tabbart, Fendt or Kabe. All real bruisers beloved of showmen, and travellers.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am single retired with a USA built Trailmanor 2720 dinette version. Live in the Far North of New Zealand, with many spectacular beaches and camp sites. Joined Forum as I am considering a UK caravan.

Are caravan builders missing a market segment? What I mean is ME! What I need in a caravan is a king single fixed bed, spacious shower and toilet, and a desk with office chair, and space for a lazy boy. What I don't need is a dinette and bench seating. If entertaining we do that outside with portable table and chairs, and gas BBQ, and plenty of wine.

I know of a few hotel rooms that would suit your needs or perhaps you could have a look at Winnebago type leisure vehicles.
For those who work from their caravan here, a laptop computer or even just an I-phone replaces a desk and office chair, but I suspect that you already knew that.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

That sounds like a project - find a caravan with a suitable bed, then strip out everything else to make room for your lounge and office.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts