Newbie here - tech advice needed!!

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum, and recently returned to having a motorhome after having had a gap of about 5 years...
I bought myself a little old SWB transit, with a devon conversion in. She's about 25years old, so I have to treat her gently but I'm looking forward to plenty of adventures...

Anyway, this is the tech section, not the 'introduction to me' section so I'd best get on with it...

My skylight flew off when returning from a trip a few weeks ago, and I've bought a replacement dome after confirming with Devon conversions on the likely make of it, and they confirmed it would be an MPK skylight.

The replacement dome fits brilliantly - apart from one small matter... the locking mechanism has changed. I've read the reviews about it on leisureshopdirect where I ordered it from, and a few people have commented on this but said it was easy to resolve by filing it.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know where I need to file? From what I can see what I need to do is glue/fix down an additional piece of plastic above to provide something for the lock to be stopped by, but filing sounds much easier if I file in the right place!

Thanks in advance for your help - I'll introduce myself properly soon :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts