Newbie saying hello and need advice

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Not sure how old the caravan is so what it is equiped with might vary and it would help if you could give details of the age and model. Did you buy it from a dealer as if so you should be going back to them although it does help if you know what the exact problem is.
In most cases there should be a master a switch usually on a panel by the door. If this is off it cuts down the potential problems. If it is off then you are probably looking at the connection to the caravan, so check the hook up wire for damage and then open the plugs to make sure they are wired correctly. If that does not work then I think you may need the set up examined by an engineer.
If the master switch is on, or you do not have one, then I would remove each fuse in turn until you hopefully find which one is the problem. Once you know that it might be possible to take it further.

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for reply turns out it wasn’t anything to do with caravan I’d plugged it into a socket in porch which has its own breaker on it... it’s there for lawnmowers and other outdoor things didn’t think it would be any different plugged it into socket in hallway all fine!!! Rookie mistake

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Steverollo said:
Thanks for reply turns out it wasn’t anything to do with caravan I’d plugged it into a socket in porch which has its own breaker on it... it’s there for lawnmowers and other outdoor things didn’t think it would be any different plugged it into socket in hallway all fine!!! Rookie mistake

A Woosie in the making ..... :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Steverollo said:

A Woosie in the making ..... :p
Yes thats True Craig but you might loose your Knighthood if you don't get to a Woosie fest,
Oh and by the way welcome to the forum , Steverollo.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The chances of me getting to a fest are very slim , I got more chance of bumping into someone on a site so if you choose to de knighthood me so be it ! I'm still on the forum though ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
The chances of me getting to a fest are very slim , I got more chance of bumping into someone on a site so if you choose to de knighthood me so be it ! I'm still on the forum though ;)

Just teasing mate, but you must have a mishape soon to keep up your Woosie hood. :woohoo:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steverollo said:
Hi all just bought a caravan but when I plug it in from house it trips house sockets even though nothing is turned on in van

Plugin a properly wired caravan and EHU into ANY socket should not cause any house trip to operate. If it does so then it points to a problem in the EHU or caravan. DON'T IGNORE IT.

Get it checked out by an electrician before you attempt to use it.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Steverollo said:

So does it not trip when plugged into a different house socket ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Steverollo said:

So does it not trip when plugged into a different house socket ?

Perhaps the house needs the attention of an electrician also!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts