Newbie saying Hello

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks...

After lurking for a little while I have found some of the info available on this site absolutely invaluable.

We are new to caravanning, infact we've not even taken delivery of our van yet.

We went to look at a few last week and decided there and then to commit. we have gone for a 2004 4 birth Elddis Odyssey 534.

Its a fixed bed model so we can put the kids to bed in the fixed double, shut it off and carry on with our evening without disturbing them too much. ( Well, thats the plan anyway ).

We are based in perthshire and intend getting out and about within about an hours drive for our first few trips. Mind you, that gives us access to some great countryside.

Any recommendations for sites within an hours drive of Crieff would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance and look forward to becomming part of this great community.

Regards

Steve

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

welcome to the FORUM. We also have the 534 and had it from new [04] and still pleased with it. Its a warm and bright van.

The only additions that I have made are extra power points,

and another mirror beside the existing one in the wash area.

Also added a mover [getting lazy now]

But all in all its a good van.

Edd

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Edd...

Thanks for the welcome.

Good to hear the van stands up to the rigors. I suppose its pot luck when you buy for the first time.

What do you tow it with ?

Do you have an awning on yours ?

I was considering just buying a porch awning to start with and see how we get on but im not sure what size actually fits. I dont get the van until next weekend so I cant measure until then.

Regards

Steve

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve.

I tug it with a Landcruiser as the van is quite heavy, It towes fine.

I first bought an NR awning with lightweight poles, hardley used it, still in the garage. I hate puting them up, we nearly get a divorce everytime. Now bought a FIAMMA Caravan Stor Zip,

it stays fitted on the van in abag,we just pull it out and hang the sides on. Its not as big but now there is only two of us its OK. Also got a porch awning which are handy for short stays.

But again its just as easy to use the FIAMMA.

They are a little more expensive but you only need one plus the ease of erecting is worth it to me.

I must be getting lazy.

We liked the 534 as it ticked most of the boxes for us. You will never get everything you want.

This is the third Elddis we have had, not perfect but better than some I care not to mention.

Happy caravaning.

Regards Edd

TRENDING THREADS