Newbie saying Hi!

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi and what a great site this is. I have recently purchased an ABI ACE Viceroy (1986), I didn't have a lot of money to spend and wasn't sure if I would like caravanning. I know it's an old caravan but it's nice and big for the wife and I with 2 small children and a large dog. I have just put sealant all around the outside to prevent any water seapage. I am a complete novice to caravanning but my wife used to tour in a camper van with her parents when she was younger. We went away for a few days last week and I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even the children had fun. I'm not sure how the cooker works yet but we've got a microwave!! The van only has a cold water system but I don't even know how to set that up to work either so any advise or help would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone advise on the best way to ensure that your caravan is level when parked, as i'm sure we were on at an angle last week? Thanks.

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi ricky in the same boat here ourselves we bought an abi tycoon (1993) nice and big. We are new to touring and bought the van from a collegue.

thoroughly enjoying the weekends, looking forward to a few weeks away next year.

As it was bought from a friend we were lucky and got everthing "in" including a 6"" spirit level my friend used to level the van he just put it on the drainer....

He also recommended a slight tilt running to the back of the caravan to help water drainage.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ricky,

People have different ideas on how to level their van.

First I position the van were we want it, I go and place my 2 way level on the floor inside the doorway & level the van side ways (accross the axel) if need be I pull the van onto a leveling block whilst still attached to the car.

Apply the parking brake & unhitch from the car, then by using the jockey wheel level the van along its length.

I bought my 2 way level from a caravan dealer but a small single level will do as well.

G.

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Steve and Graham, How thick am I? I thought it was really technical! I wondered about a spirit level but thought that was too obvious. Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts