Newbie ............... with questions!

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone, we're taking the plunge and buying our first motorhome fairly soon, probably a new Autotrail Tribute 720, which pretty much suits our needs & budget. Initially to use for long weekends, then 7 & 14 day trips then progressing to much longer tours if all goes to plan.

Anyway what I want to ask is has anyone got experience of this model & what's your thoughts?

Secondly, should we get up-plated to 3650kg or is 3500kg enough, I reckon with extras & a full tank of water we've probably got about 80kg to play with. I know it's probably not a straightforward answer but any advice would be most welcome, thanks in advance

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Igor, welcome!
I don't know that particular van, but with so many models out there, the main thing is how well it suits you.
As to payload - are your calculations based on an actual weighbridge visit, or just the brochure? Because manufacturers vary in what (and who!) they include in their "empty" figures. Some include driver but no passengers. Some include a certain amount of fuel and water, but not full tanks, etc.
In any case, 80kg isn't much for those longer trips. If you have a C1 licence, and the uprating is just a paper exercise, I'd go for it.
If not, check exactly what's included in the payload figure, or better still get the dealer to put the actual vehicle, with any extras, plus full fuel and gas , on a weighbridge and make the printout part of the documents for the deal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts