Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Hello All, Firstly, thank you for allowing me to this vaunted group of vanning sages. My name is Dave Leal and I am a 56 year old married chef, originally from Portsmouth but have been in N.Ireland for the last 31 years. I am very new to caravan ownership and touring, we purchased a 1994 Swift Challenger 440 SE, which was and is in cracking condition, it had one owner and they had really looked after it. Everything in perfect working order, I had the electrics pat tested and the gas system was checked over by a qualified engineer, all spot on. Chassis, running gear in great nick, under sider and floor no corrosion/damp.Well chuffed. Am towing her with a 2017 Suzuki 1.6 Vitara S-ZT, which does the job ok, but is underpowered, particularly in the mid range, but we will be getting a new car early next year, so am in the process of looking for something around the same size and cost of the Vitara, but hopefully with a bit more oomph. Anyway, thats me and my rig and again, hello everyone.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy many years to come with your new purchase , lots off tow vehicles to choose from and plenty of people to advise you on here when the time comes .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Dave, welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a tourer owner.
If there's anything you want to know, just ask :cheer:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
davechefdoc said:
Hello All, Firstly, thank you for allowing me to this vaunted group of vanning sages. My name is Dave Leal and I am a 56 year old married chef, originally from Portsmouth but have been in N.Ireland for the last 31 years. I am very new to caravan ownership and touring, we purchased a 1994 Swift Challenger 440 SE, which was and is in cracking condition, it had one owner and they had really looked after it. Everything in perfect working order, I had the electrics pat tested and the gas system was checked over by a qualified engineer, all spot on. Chassis, running gear in great nick, under sider and floor no corrosion/damp.Well chuffed. Am towing her with a 2017 Suzuki 1.6 Vitara S-ZT, which does the job ok, but is underpowered, particularly in the mid range, but we will be getting a new car early next year, so am in the process of looking for something around the same size and cost of the Vitara, but hopefully with a bit more oomph. Anyway, thats me and my rig and again, hello everyone.

Try a Subaru Forester XT. :)
Welcome to the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts