Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
I don't want to get in a long drawn out battle over this there are sites like this one with people on it willing to help and give their experience on things I'm just saying if you don't have the money or can't afford to have a go yourself I can see what your saying and I agree some people won't have a clue where to start or go on then just ask for help or yes pay someone the choice is yours ok it is getting a bit dearer to do this I admit I feel sorry for the ones who can't do much at all.

Reactions: Hutch

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The clue is in the name of this forum and the name of the magazine that the website echoes.
It's Practical Caravan, and forum members use the message boards to exchange information, d i y tips and ideas.
The entire website is full of information from the editorial staff of Practical Caravan magazine, from information for complete novices, caravan improvements and products for caravans to campsite and travel information.
For some, caravanning can be seen as a cheap poor mans hobby, for others the opposite is true.
We don't provide any platform for long drawn out battles through a computer keyboard, different opinions are ok as long as we all respect each others opinions.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For some, it maybe a cheap poor mans holiday, It hasn't been that for us, going away to France every 12 weeks for a month at a time, for tax purposes, took a heavy toll. For 5 years, now in the UK, going away for a couple of weeks say every three months, to sites at anything from £20 for a cl, to stupid £ costs. Then sites want another £1.50 for a dog or £2 for an awning. The cost of servicing , to keep warranties and insurance then storage, It doesn't work out cheap at all.
It is good to be able to most little repairs yourself, but it is surprising how many folk havent the foggiest idea, how to sort out the similist thing
Sorry to disagree with you Duffy, But it is not cheap holiday.

Sorry about the rant, my shoulders are playing up with carrying the weight of the world on them.

But from some of your posts re France I think that you still enjoyed your visits there.🇫🇷

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to get in a long drawn out battle over this there are sites like this one with people on it willing to help and give their experience on things I'm just saying if you don't have the money or can't afford to have a go yourself I can see what your saying and I agree some people won't have a clue where to start or go on then just ask for help or yes pay someone the choice is yours ok it is getting a bit dearer to do this I admit I feel sorry for the ones who can't do much at all.
Actually I am one of those who haven"t foggiest idea how to repair my caravan when it needs something that why I take it to my caravan repairer I have known him for 25 years .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok I can't help you financially but would be happy to help fix your van if you was local to me In a 40 mile radius.
Eh?
I'm not sure who you're replying to with that latest comment Duffy.
As I stated, this website and forum exists to share advice and information.

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
Sorry people I've just realised that this isn't a site for me.Im all for giving and taking advice but if I can't help someone with a hands on approach I can't do ok I wish you all well.Regards. Duffy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Your decision Duffy.
I don't know why you think that 'you can't help someone with a hands on approach' because nothing is stopping you if that's what you want to do.
I get the feeling that you're not used to internet forums like this one.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm a soldier not a captain that's how I look at it.
1st one I've joined so will think more closely on joining another.You have some good members.
We have many good, knowledgeable and loyal forum members Duffy.
Because this is an internet forum, all that we can do is to type comments which appear on the forum.
If you prefer to be hands on with the tools, that's your own personal choice.
The only thing that any caravan related forum can provide is a space for you to write about it and to post pictures.
It's not difficult, if you're not sure how the forum works just ask and somebody will help.
Other forum members might disagree with what you have written, and that's fine.
Everybody has a right to their own opinions, the world would be a dull place if we all thought exactly the same.
There are no captains or soldiers on this forum, we're all caravan enthusiasts and we all had to start at the beginning.
Some of us have older caravans, some are lucky enough to have new ones, some of us can do almost any d i y job, some can't for various reasons, it really doesn't matter either way.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
But from some of your posts re France I think that you still enjoyed your visits there.🇫🇷
Hi Hutch I would love to go to France did you go to many places that worth seeing ? but looking at next season now and when it safe to travel ,

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Duffy, I am sure your interest in DIY would be of interest to a lot of people, on the Forum, the forum gets asked may times if it is possible to do this or that, to their caravan and you would be able to help.
Others will debate about the use of a weighbridge, or how many times they go away, in The Season, others go away all year round, give the forum a chance, but if it is not for you, thats the way it is.

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
I'm ok with what you have said and appreciate your comments I'm not offended by anyone that easy as you say everyone is entitled to their opinions. You will always get one or two that will disagree with you I accept that.

Reactions: Hutch and Parksy
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Duffy
Welcome to the forum, this is a good place to be for advise, as lots of knowledgeable members on various caravan problems and am sure you have lots of advise for others.
Looking through posts 2 old sayings come to mind, your never too old to learn. also.
dont cut off your nose to spite your face.
I think you will be a knowledgeable member.
Cheers
Gra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts