Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,
Just picked up a Bailey Unicorn S3 Valencia 2017 model today - never towed anything before but drove home today in our 2017 2.0 Sportage KX4 - 1 hr 45 mins and 90 miles using A303, A34 and A/B roads - managed fine just took it steady all the way.
I am going on a practical course next weekend to learn more about towing the caravan and other aspects too, and that will be very helpful.
Can't believe how easy it is to move the caravan with a motor mover, makes life so much easier.

Thanks
Steve

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You seemed to have managed a decent journey with a biggish van without a problem. So it will all get better from here.

Feel free to ask any questions. Though I feel sure your course will answer a lot for the on road stuff.

John

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your course, Steve. You'll definitely get a lot of goods tips.

I love our motor mover. Such a great piece of kit.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
You seemed to have managed a decent journey with a biggish van without a problem. So it will all get better from here.

Feel free to ask any questions. Though I feel sure your course will answer a lot for the on road stuff.

John

Thanks John,
The most technical part of the journey was actually at the end, getting into the close where we live and having to navigate past a parked car on a corner.......but I took it really slow and steady and managed to sneak by.

The Sporty managed a creditable 37 mpg on the journey which is pretty good I think.

Steve

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks John,
The most technical part of the journey was actually at the end, getting into the close where we live and having to navigate past a parked car on a corner.......but I took it really slow and steady and managed to sneak by.

The Sporty managed a creditable 37 mpg on the journey which is pretty good I think.

Steve

37 is more than good. I get that solo, (around town). And about 24 towing. Which I am happy, but not ecstatic, with.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Steve. Looks a good combination you haver and very sensible to take the towing course.
If you need help though there is plenty on here if you ask.

Reactions: Steve1962
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Steve, sounds a nice combination, remember to not fill every space, inside, stuff soon eats up your free payload, but hopefully the towing course will cover that.

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got back from the Practical Caravanning Course which I found very useful.
A day and a half with some driving including reversing in a straight line and putting the caravan in a boxed space whilst driving backwards, both from the left and the right.
I had no problems at all with any of the driving which I'm pleased about, and gleaned lots of handy tips too.
The weather was awful but it was still worthwhile.

Steve

Reactions: Mel and Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts