May 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,

Newbie here and a relative newbie to caravan life having shared a camper van with sis in law and her chap we decided caravans were a better option. 12 months down the line here we are having just replaced a 2017 Sterling elite 480 with a 2021 coachman vip 520 vogue. And very pleased we are. The Sterling was and is a super introduction (sat on drive and for sale now) but just needed a bit of extra room with 2 labradors accompanying us on our adventures. So far, Cornwall, Lake District, Yorks dales and Norfolk.
Tow car is unusual I suppose but it’s proving quite brilliant at it and it’s a lovely place to be when venturing away from sites for days out. It’s a Porsche Macan Turbo performance with the factory fit electric towbar.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Excellent choice of towcar - it's a very capable 4wd platform which can embarass many established off-roaders if it's on decent tyres - and - can match many sports cars for handling - as I have one of the Macan's siblings I can only imagine it tows superbly.

Reactions: Pamplona
May 10, 2024
Visit site
Excellent choice of towcar - it's a very capable 4wd platform which can embarass many established off-roaders if it's on decent tyres - and - can match many sports cars for handling - as I have one of the Macan's siblings I can only imagine it tows superbly.
Thank you. It’s one hell of a car. Towing or not and a 2 tonne car just shouldn’t handle that way nor accelerate like that. Air suspension helps but we are so impressed. Has to have the correct tyres as it has a manufacturer warranty which we extended in January. Pirelli P zero 21” summers and Dunlop 20” full winters from Nov to April.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I hated the Pirelli tyre on our Volvo S80 as useless in wet weather, but they have probably improved since 2004.

May 10, 2024
Visit site
I hated the Pirelli tyre on our Volvo S80 as useless in wet weather, but they have probably improved since 2004.
I’ve never really liked Pirelli and other cars have Michelin Pilot Sports on. So far they seem fine though. I’m stuck with a limited choice though as have to be Porsche approved to comply with warranty t’s and c’s.

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

Newbie here and a relative newbie to caravan life having shared a camper van with sis in law and her chap we decided caravans were a better option. 12 months down the line here we are having just replaced a 2017 Sterling elite 480 with a 2021 coachman vip 520 vogue. And very pleased we are. The Sterling was and is a super introduction (sat on drive and for sale now) but just needed a bit of extra room with 2 labradors accompanying us on our adventures. So far, Cornwall, Lake District, Yorks dales and Norfolk.
Tow car is unusual I suppose but it’s proving quite brilliant at it and it’s a lovely place to be when venturing away from sites for days out. It’s a Porsche Macan Turbo performance with the factory fit electric towbar.
Hello, I also tow with a Porsche Cayenne S, it is a brilliant tow vehicle, and I also have the electric tow bar, I would advise you in the first instance to check that the fridge is operating when the vehicle is hooked up, mine was not and it is a very common issue and requires a new plug to be fitted.

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Hello, I also tow with a Porsche Cayenne S, it is a brilliant tow vehicle, and I also have the electric tow bar, I would advise you in the first instance to check that the fridge is operating when the vehicle is hooked up, mine was not and it is a very common issue and requires a new plug to be fitted.
Hi, thanks. We are aware the fridge isn’t connected. Not really an issue for us as we plug the van in on the drive for a few days to get the fridge cold and use ice packs to keep it cool.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts