Next June ferry booked

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
Just completed my booking with the Caravan Club for next June. Portsmouth to Caen return. 2 adults Sportage and Lunar 7.3m. 2 adults. £285 inc 4 Overseas vouchers. Better price than BF direct. The CC club offered it at £280 without the vouchers, but £5 for 4 vouchers I had to take them even though I may only use 2 at Ouistreham both ways. This was a better deal than I got last year so well chuffed. Going out on the afternoon sailing and coming back on the morning crossing.

Getting excited already!!

Andrew

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ascsbe said:
Just completed my booking with the Caravan Club for next June. Portsmouth to Caen return. 2 adults Sportage and Lunar 7.3m. 2 adults. £285 inc 4 Overseas vouchers. Better price than BF direct. The CC club offered it at £280 without the vouchers, but £5 for 4 vouchers I had to take them even though I may only use 2 at Ouistreham both ways. This was a better deal than I got last year so well chuffed. Going out on the afternoon sailing and coming back on the morning crossing.

Getting excited already!!

Andrew

Please no more posts such as this as I've had to cancel all of 2018 bookings. What with members telling us about their plans for winter sun, I am at risk of severe depression although I do still have my four vouchers to call on.
Thats a good price very similar to this years even allowing for a poor exchange rate.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
How are you getting the caravan on board? :dry:

Ha ! Have you not seen the tow bars on the back of a plane now!! :p
Well after having crappy weather in Holland last year quite a lot of rain we were both sick and needed some sun .
Greece came round quite cheap for this year and nxt and by the time we worked out driving fuel ferry and site costs we got a good deal at what we have getting for Greece for the four of us and the same for next year !

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Niall_McIntosh said:

Well after having crappy weather in Holland last year quite a lot of rain we were both sick and needed some sun .
Greece came round quite cheap for this year and nxt and by the time we worked out driving fuel ferry and site costs we got a good deal at what we have getting for Greece for the four of us and the same for next year !

Greece not exactly the best place to be this year, Ihope they get the situation under control without more deaths.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
Craigyoung said:
Niall_McIntosh said:

Greece not exactly the best place to be this year, Ihope they get the situation under control without more deaths.

Thanks for that depressing reply :huh: B)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I took it down because a flippant reply to someone hoping that there are no more people killed could create ill will.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Getting back on to the topic.........

I've been trying to book a crossing (Caen-Portsmouth and return) for the end of August/beginning of September. We have 2 dogs but no matter what date/time I put in, the system wouldn't let me complete the booking. I contacted Brittany Ferries and was told that it was "probably" because they had their full complement of dogs on the crossing. Apparently their DEFRA licence only allows them to carry a certain number of dogs. Has anyone else had this problem?

On another note, BF's new ship comes into service next year. (The Honfleur). It has pet friendly cabins - great. However, it seems that you are only allowed to take one dog into the cabin. If you have 2,or more, the extras have to stay in the car. Seems a bit strange to me!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The BF website was probably down as the late 2018/2019 timetables went online about then and, as usual, the website crashed with many 9(including me) trying to get bookings around the Christmas/New Year period - took me most of the day with the website going down several times just as i got to the 'Pay' stage and I had to do it all again several times.

BF have changed the deposit this year from a flat rate figure to 25% of the fre - good for their cash flow no doubt. Prices also seem higher although direct comparison may be difficult due different dates etc. For many years we have left December 27 but no sailings from Plymouth that date this year - 26 or 28th. No real problem apart from rush to de-decorate the house late Christmas night which migh even lead to rather less being put up - say no more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts