Nigel Donnelly editorial feb 2009

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nigel makes a great statement that in effect some caravanners have regressed to the bedroom and bathroom at the expense of teh kitchen and lounge.

This comes about as Lunar , Swift and Bailey all launch new big caravans on the single axle.

We upgraded last year from our lovely Pageant Vendee, rear fixed bed to the Senator Wyoming which in my opinion gives a very flexible layout.

The attempts by the manufacturers to squeeze ta types onto singles and reducing the length suggests Nigel has a very valid point.

My first trailer tent had no bathroom or fixed bed. I did have a toilet tent, lol.

Personally we find a fixed bed arrangement best for us as we lock the dogs in the lounge area.

Nigel's point may come true, afterall we all like tea and breakfast in bed so why not lunch and dinner and TV.

Cheers

Alan

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Nigel - perhaps it's because a lot of caravanners have realised just how blooming uncomfortable the average caravan lounge actually is - for sitting in, I mean. If you 'lounge' ie lay on the 'settees' then they are more comfortable, but sitting up for any length of time results in neck ache, back ache, and knee ache for me (and I'm not an oldie yet!!!).

I'd like to see the front bench seats (which is what they are, rather than settees) replaced with a couple of comfortable recliners. Some folding dining chairs could then be included, as well as a pack-way table (and both could go under the extra-length fixed bed whilst not in use) - and this would also make eating more comfortable. Any manufacturer who offered that as an option would certainly get my business.

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,I agree with Val that why we bought a Bailey Limousin,decent toilet/shower (my wife is disable and somtimes needs a hand) fixed bed on the n/side (great for me as I need to be able to get out on the right (after same motorcycle accident as my good wife) decent kitchen and best till last.Two good sized sittee's.where we can sit with our feet up and watch the tv with no aches and pains.Great,only one complaint why o why does the dining tabel have those flimsy drop down flaps on them (i keep telling off our grand children not to press down on them when getting up from the table) It would have been much better to have a standard width table.Still it is only a small annoyance.

cheers,

Tom

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I found also found this an interesting comment - my wife and I (+dog) borrowed my daughter and son in laws van last year and have got the Bug.

We went to the NEC last year with our minds set on a Fixed Bed / End Bathroom but came away deciding to buy a Lunar Delta TL - the exact opposite - Why ? Because we liked the flexibility, we figure that we can make up an end double and leave it made up at the rear when it is just us and the dogs, but if we want to take any of our Grandchildren we have the option of four bunks at the rear, whilst with a proper shower cubicle the bathroom is more than adequate.

Jus as well we are all different I guess - just we found ourselves exactly echoing Nigel Donnelly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts